The Seductive Eyes of a Murderer: Chapter 14- No more games

The night was restless. Much like another night in this cottage that I remember. My eyes wouldn't stay closed, I constantly felt like Vulture was behind the closet or in the living room. Occasionally Mystic's body would jump, waking her for only a couple seconds. I suspected she was probably having nightmares, but I didn't find it in my place to question her about them. Even if i did, she probably wouldn't tell me.

 I kept my phone less than a centimeter away from my face. Waiting for a call that would never come. A call with Kelse on the other line laughing, telling me this was all some kind of sick joke. 

A call from the police, telling me that Vulture was arrested and put in jail for life. 

Any call. Something. 

My body jerked, waking up Mystic when the phone actually did ring. I quickly picked it up and looked at the number. I sighed frustrated. It was not who I was hoping it would be. 

"Hello Dad." I said with slight confusion. 

"Aw. Son" He stammered awkwardly. 

"What?" I answered. I heard a grunt on the other end. He does this when he doesn't know what to say and so i expected nothing else but an apology. 

"You can come home when you're ready." 

My stomach twisted in to knots. He was too late. 

He had kicked me out and I had gone out and found a shit load of trouble.

"Thanks. But i'm fine." I said harshly. It was one A.M. I would expect him to be sleeping by now but I guess he was restless too. Probably worrying about me. 

"You don't want to come home? Where are ya?" He asked upset. 

I don't know where I am dad. But I wont be here for long. "At a friends house." I spoke whisperingly in to the phone. 

"What friend?" 

"You don't know her." I said. 

"Oh." Realization was clear in his voice. 

"Alright. The key is in the back under the vase. Come by if you change your mind." He said giving up. 

"Alright. Thanks." I said.

There was a long and awkward pause as he breathed heavily in to the phone and muttered to himself.

"I miss you." He said quietly. He waited for an answer but all he heard was quietness. The phone clicked.

Mystic sighed and relaxed her head on my chest. The sweet smell of her shampoo flooded my nose. "Sleep." She mumbled.

I closed my eyes and silenced the thoughts in my head. I missed Dad too.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Everything was packed and ready. All our clothes, all the guns, extra bullets, more bullets, more guns. Turns out Mystic had some kind of secret stash deep under a floor board. She handed me the pistol I was most comfortable with.

"Stick it in your pants and pull your shirt over it." She said. I shaked my head in disobedience. 

"I'm not shooting my balls off. Isn't there something else I can carry it in?"

"You need to be able to get it quickly." She whined. "David." She called when she noticed I was getting caught in my thoughts again. I don't want to shoot at people or go to jail. I groaned.

Mystic took the pistol and shoved it in to the side of my pants roughly. I shrieked like an eight year old just to see a small smirk on her face.

As we left the small cottage, I couldn't help but think how much I would miss it.