The Seductive Eyes of a Murderer-Chapter 7: Escape

I arrived at the old building, painted in a fading ugly brown. It looked about 5 stories and was completely run down. I saw all the lights on though. Why would she be here?

I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. A young girl cracked the door to look at me and smell of liquor and pot swam out of the building. She was'nt much older than me. She had a mousy type look and tiny eyes that drooped, probably cause she was high.  Was this a whore house?

"What?" She asked sourly.

"I'm looking for someone, mind if I come in?" I asked as calm as I could. My hands were shaking uncontrollably. I kept thinking Vulture's guy was right behind me.

She looked at me confused for a second then backed away from the door. It's a lucky thing I came before Vulture's guy, it's too easy to get in here. I walked through the halls of the place looking in each room. Dozens of girls sitting around, playing games, drinking and smoking. The place smelled pretty bad and I began getting afraid the scent would stick to my clothes. I walked a little farther looking at their faces to see if I recognized the one I wanted. Then I found her.

She was at a pool table playing with a short brunette. I quickly made my way to her, she looked surprised. Not as surprised as she would have been if it wasn't me.

"What the hell are you doing here David?" she looked at me impatiently. She looked a little different than before. Not as clean and well trimmed and her eyes drooped a little like the mousy girl's. I pulled her to the side.

" I heard Vulture and some guy talking. They know your here and one of them is coming to kill you." I warned.

It took a while but the reaction I expected came eventually. "Shit." she said.

"You better leave. Thanks for the warning." She sped by me and walked up the stairs. I was afraid to leave incase Vulture or that guy was out there, and I didn't want to leave her I missed her.

"I followed her up the stairs into a small room where she piled up her clothes in a bag.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said.

She looked at me terrified now. "Do you not understand that these guys want to kill me? I'm not going to be responsible for you and myself, then we will both just die."

I felt my face soften and turned to leave. Then the screaming belted from downstairs. Girls ran crazy and a hard voice echoed through the house. "Where's the bitch?"

I thought I was going to piss myself. I quickly closed the door and stared at her hoping she would get an idea. Her eyes were wide as she looked around till her eyes landed on the fire escape. I ran over to her and heaped her bag through it then climbed out quickly after she did. After terryfing moments of getting the window closed we steadily walked down the tiny stairs, holding on as tight as we could to the cold railing as the freezing winter wind slid through all the lose spots our clothes left on our bodies. I looked down, we were about 30 feet up. 

We stayed there for a couple seconds then we heard the bedroom door  being kicked down. "Go go go!" I urged. We moved down the fireescape quicker. Her foot slipping from time to time, she caught her balance and then we continued on until we got to the bottom. She seemed tired. I grabbed her bag so we could pick up some speed and we ran. The fastest I have ever seen anyone run, even in movies. 

After a couple minutes she began slowing down then stopped. I looked at her out of breath.

"He's gonna find us." She said between breathes. Her cheeks were flushed and my heart was pounding so loud I could hear it in my head. She looked so scared, she began losing control. Panting, moving her hair out of her face and walking back and forth. She began tearing. 

"Hey." I moved closer to her. "He wont find us, don't cry."

"He always finds me. He has people everywhere, you have no idea." She walked a couple feet down the street and picked up a stick. "What are you doing?" I began to question but she just walked right past me and to the car across the street. 

"No!" I began but she had already smashed the window and opened it from inside. The car alarm went off and I looked around nervously as she played around with wires in the car, she then slipped up the hood and fumbled with the engine. It roared to a start and she got in the drivers seat. Wiping her eyes so that her mascara wasn't too messy. 

"What have I gotten myself into?" I mumbled quietly to myself. 

"I dont know but we will get out of it!" She yelled across the street. Maybe i mumbled it louder than I thought. I got in the passenger seat and put her bag by my feet. "Where did you learn to do that?" She did that throaty laugh of hers and we rode off in to the night. I was driving with a criminal.