The Seductive Eyes of a Murderer- Chapter 6:Warehouses

I finally finished my business course with a 4.0 gpa in the class. I guess I was supose to be filled with gay glee but it didn't phase me. "Want to go celebrate?" Kelse asked. Her hair grew out just a little pass her shoulders and she was wearing my NY cap on backwards. I shook my head not looking at her. Then lowered my eyes to my boots. She watched for a moment then sighed. "Whats wrong David?" My eyes shot up to her face, concerned. I smiled.

"Nothing at all babe." But I lied.

"You know...you've been acting pretty distant these past months. I feel like something happened and you wont tell me."

"Nothing happened."

"Then why are you acting like this?" she asked, slight annoyance in her voice. 

"Like what?" It came out louder and harsher than I intended. Her eyebrows flew up then settled into an unhappy crease in her forehead. She took my cap off and threw it into my lap and began walking away. 

It's true that after the shooting I became a little distant, but it really wasn't much. No need to get all curious. She turned back to see if I cared that she left but I just flipped my hat back on to my head. I didn't feel like arguing with her today. 

I sat on the street bench infront of the park and watched the veichles fly by me. The cold winter breeze brushed my face 3 seconds after the cars passed. Poor guy...he wasn't even going to kill her. Then again I dont know him or what his plans were, I just know that he didn't deserve to be shot in the mouth. 

Her soft husky voice played in my head. "Don't talk to me like I can't kill you Joe." I have never in my 18 years seen someone so beautifully creul. I checked to see if anything about a body being found was on the news, but there was nothing. Up till now I never heard about it. I never saw her around either, I think she knew she freaked me out. The sad part of this is that, I kinda wanted to see her.

Theres something in me that screams for her. I wish Kelse were her sometimes. If Kelse knew I thought about her when we had sex, I would probably need a different house to sleep in. 

The sun began setting and I got off the bench and walked into the park and down the paved pathway. I was just a couple blocks away from the apartment when I saw Vulture. I wondered if he remembered me. He was in a big black jacket talking to some other guy. I approached him from behind and then stopped when I heard him talking.

"Find her or you are going to be working for me, for life. She already took out two of my men." I got slightly dizzy again. Were they talking about her? 

Ofcourse they were. Who else goes around killing men? 

"She's in some warehouse near Nevins street. She doesn't think we know where she is but you and her both should know, I got people everywhere around this world, Aight?" His voice was threatening and deep. The guy he was talking to had a hard face that bowed only to vulture it seemed. 

I turned around and walked away before him or his friend could tell that I was listening but it wasn't fast enough. "Ay! Ay yo kid!" I heard Vulture call. My heart stopped and then I heard a rough laugh behind me, I guess he went back to a joking mood. "I remember you. What's yo name?" He asked with a big smile pinned to his face, I managed to smile back, but it probably looked weird and uneasy. "David."

"YEA, yea!" His voice got high and made me jump. "You been good? Just chillin?" He questioned. I smiled. "Yea, yea. I'v been alright. How you been?" His head nodded up and down. "Good man. I'll see you around then. Got some business to finish." He slapped his palm against mine expecting a hand shake I didn't know how to do. "Oh." his face fell silent and instead he made a fist. I pounded it and he nodded in approvement. 

After he walked away, I headed for Nevins street. I didn't know who would be there with her or even what warehous it was, but I knew I would be more hurt if she died, when I could have done something.