58

Zayn walks into the lounge and sees Liam lying on the new couch he found.
"Hi," he says with a smile and Liam glances up from the book he was reading.
"Oh, hey Zaynie. What's up?" He asks with a smile also.
"Liam can we go on a walk?" Zayn wonders.
"Yeah sure if you want to," Liam accepts with a small smile as he stands up to get his shoes.
"Are you okay to go on a walk? Does your head hurt you ztill?" Zayn asks worriedly.
"Relax zee. I've told you like 50 times, I'm totally fine now," Liam says with a reassuring smile as he sits back down to tie his shoes.
"You wanna go get Watson really quick?" Liam asks as he glances up at Zayn.
"No," zayn declines.
"What? Why?" Liam asks in confusion.
"Because Watson's mean," Zayn answers as he crosses his arms across his chest.
"What did he do that was mean?" Liam asks in surprise.
"Earlier today I went and sat next to him but he just got up and left. Zo he clearly doesn't like me anymore and won't want to go on a walk with me," Zayn pouts.
"Oh don't say that baby. He still loves you more than anything. He's just moody. Just like you are...." Liam explains with a grin as he rests his hand on Zayn's shoulder.
"But just give him some time and he'll be back to his normal self again," Liam adds with a smile and Zayn nods.
"But we can leave him here and just go on a romantic walk, just the two of us," Liam says with a smile as he takes both of Zayn's hands in his and leans in to kiss him. Zayn smiles and kisses Liam back before they head toward the front door.
"Oh, you wanna grab a jacket or anything? It's starting to get colder now," Liam says before they leave.
"I'm fine Liam. It's not that cold," Zayn tells him bravely.
"Alright if you say so," Liam accepts as he picks up a plaid flannel jacket to put on and they walk outside.
"Liam why are the trees changing colors?" Zayn wonders curiously as they walk down the sidewalk.
"Summer's over and now Autumn's coming," Liam explains but Zayn only gets more confused.
"Seasons. They're 4 different times of the year and the weathers different and things happen, like the trees lose their leaves to get ready for winter," Liam explains and Zayn's eyes widen in fascination.
"Where do they go?" He wonders curiously.
"The trees stay here but their leaves fall to the ground. But they grow back in the spring," Liam adds with a laugh.
"That's weird..." Zayn states at a loss for words.
"I never really thought about it before, but yeah, it is kinda weird," Liam agrees with a grin. "But I love fall. It's the best season of them all. Pumpkins, cozy sweaters, Halloween, apples, beautiful leaves falling, pumpkin-spice-flavored everything!! it's just so beautiful. You'll love it," Liam says with a smile and Zayn nods quietly.
"Liam I'm cold," he shares.
"That sounds like a 'you' problem," Liam replies with a grin.
"But Liam, it's cold!" Zayn repeats in a serious manner.
"What would you like me to do about it baby? I told you to grab a jacket before we left but you didn't want to listen," Liam reminds as his grin only grows wider.
"I don't know..." Zayn admits quietly as he stares down at the sidewalk.
"Would you like to wear my flannel?" Liam offers politely after some silence.
"No I can't," Zayn insists.
"I thought you were cold?" Liam says in confusion.
"I am cold. But then if I wear your zhirt, then you'd be cold," Zayn explains thoughtfully and Liam laughs.
"It's okay. I don't really mind cold weather that much," Liam shrugs as he pulls his green flannel jacket off his shoulders and rests it on Zayn's small frame.
"Thank you Lima bean," Zayn says with a smile as he slips his arms through the long sleeves that hung over his hands.
"Don't mention it. But wait... I thought the cold didn't bother you," Liam says suspiciously.
"Cold water doesn't bother me. But I don't like cold air. It makes my zkin feel weird," Zayn shrug and Liam laughs.
"Goose bumps," Liam answers with a nod.
"Liam. I'm not a fucking goose," Zayn states frustratedly.
"If I can be a brownie, you can be a goose," Liam replies as he playfully nudges Zayn with his elbow.
"Liam you're a noodle," Zayn says seriously.
"I thought I was a brownie?" Liam says with a small grin.
"No, you're a noodle cuz you're zo ztupid," Zayn mutters and Liam laughs.
"Aw, but I like being A brownie better," Liam sighs with a sad pout.
"Well you can be a brownie again when you stop being zo ztupid," Zayn says and Liam laughs.
"Liam I'm tired. Can we go home?" Zayn asks tiredly as he trudged along next to Liam.
"You're tired already? We haven't even walked a full mile yet!" Liam tells him.
"But My feet hurt!" Zayn complains.
"Well, I think you'll be okay to walk a little longer," Liam suggest and Zayn groans.
"Li-am.... I'm not big and ztrong like you. I'm smol and frail. Like a little old man," Zayn says and Liam can't help but grin
    "Are you really that out of shape?" He asks.
     "Look! My heart is beating!" Zayn adds with wide eyes as he rests a hand in his chest.
     "Well yeah, I'd hope your smol old man heart is beating," Liam mutters as he rests his hand on Zayn's chest too as they take a short break from walking
      "That's not what I mean..." Zayn replies as  he looks up at Liam but something in the bushes catches his attention.
      "Liam look!" Zayn exclaims in a hushed whisper as he stops suddenly.
"What? I don't see anything?" Liam says as he watches Zayn bend down on one knee in the grass.
He holds his hand open on the ground and a little fat toad hops onto his hand and let's Zayn pick it up.
"Liam! Look!" Zayn repeats with a huge happy smile as he stands up to show Liam his new friend.
"Zayn put that down, you're going to get warts," Liam mutters in disinterest.
"Everyone knows that's not true you ztupid brownie," Zayn replies smugly, glancing up at Liam.
"I don't care. Put that back," Liam says, clearly wanting to continue the walk.
"But look at how cute the little guy is!" Zayn says with a giggle as the frog croaks.
"YeAh. For a frog...." Liam mutters.
"Oh you're just jealous," Zayn states with a sly smile.
"Of what? A gross little frog?" Liam replies doubtfully.
"I think he's adorable!" Zayn says as he looks down at the creature in his hands.
"Well then Why don't you kiss it. Maybe it'll turn into a prince for you," Liam mutters with a smirk only to see Zayn actually kiss the frog.
"Oh my god!! That's disgusting!" Liam cries in horror.
"You told me to kiss it!" Zayn laughs innocently.
"Oh yeah? And how was it?" Liam asks.
"A little slimy. But not much different from kissing you," Zayn answers with a mischievous twinkle in his brown eyes. Liam gasps in shock and crosses his arms across his chest with a huff.
"You know what'll make you feel better Lima?" Zayn asks as a sly grin spreads across his face.
"Hm?" Liam replies boredly.
"I think he really likes you c'mon Liam. Give him a kiss!" Zayn says as he holds the frog out to Liam.
"No!!" Liam cries in am disgust as he shoves Zayn's hand away from his face.
"C'mom! Just one quick little peck! It does wonders for you!" Zayn insists with a laugh.
"I am not kissing a fucking frog!" Liam says unhappily.
"C'mon. You know you wanna.... It'll make you feel better," Zayn says as he slowly waves the frog in front of Liam.
"C'mon Lima bean! If you can kiss me you can kiss a cute little frog," Zayn reasons.
"Zayn that is disgusting. Stop," Liam pouts and Suddenly Zayn gasps with an excited expression on his face.
"No," Liam states.
"But Liam... You don't even-" Zayn starts.
"No," Liam repeats sternly. "I know what you're going to say and the answer is no."
"Why can't he come home with us? He's so lonely out here!" Zayn whines sympathetically as he looks down at the toad in his hands.
"It's a frog Zayn. It really doesn't care," Liam mutters.
"But... But.... It'll be good for all of us. Ducky's really lonely cuz she has no one to play with because Watsons too big for her and he just wants to chase her and bark at her. She needs zomebody her own size to be friends with, maybe zomebody like a cute little froggie," Zayn persuades and the toad croaks again.
"Zayn... I really don't want that in my house," Liam pleads.
"But Liam I cant just leave him out here all alone now!" Zayn insists.
"And why not?" Liam sighs.
"Cos it's dangerous out here!" Zayn says. "He could get hurt or eaten or lost. There's zo many bad things that could happen to him... It's only right for us to take care of him now. He's our friend now!" Zayn says.
"No, He's your friend," Liam corrects.
"Liam we need to help him!" Zayn repeats, staring up at Liam with huge eyes and an extremely over exaggerated pouty frown.
Finally Liam sighs in defeat and throws his hands in the air, unable to withstand Zayn's adorableness.
"Fine whatever. We already got enough animals in my house what's a few more to take care of and keep me up all night," he mutters sarcastically.
      "So you're gonna let him stay!!" Zayn gasps happily.
      "I guess so," Liam mutters.
"Thank you!" Zayn gasps happily. "You know, Im getting the vibes that you don't like my frog very much Liam. What'd he ever do to you huh?" Zayn asks with a goofy grin as he shoves the frog toward Liam's face.
"Get that thing out of my face or he is staying out here forever!" Liam insists frustratedly.
"Zomebody's extra salty today," zayn says in a giggly tone.
"Yeah it's cuz I have to put up with you and your insanity," Liam replies smartly and Zayn just smiles.
     "Wait... I have an idea that can actually work for us both," Liam states. "C'mon. Let's go home," Liam suggests as he takes Zayn's free hand.
      "Oh my god! Yes!" Zayn sighs happily as they turn around and walk back home.
     When they get back, Liam searches through a small shed in the back yard and finds a broken clay flower pot. He sets it upside down on the ground by the back door porch and pushes some dirt around it so the broken opening was sticking out of the ground. He arranges some leaves and stones around the pot and steps back to admire his work.
      "What the fuck is that zupposed to do?" Zayn wonders in bored confusion.
     "It's a frog home!" Liam says happily but still sees the same confused, disinterest look on Zayn's face.
       "It's perfect! Because when he wants, he can live in here and hide or get out of the sun or sleep but he's also out of my house but he's still close so he can play with Duckie," Liam explains proudly.
   "I mean, I guess if he likes it," Zayn starts hesitantly as he bends down and opens his hands to let the little frog jump onto the wet dirt. He looks around, observing his surroundings then hops into his new home.
     "See! He likes it!" Liam says as the frog sticks it's head out of its new home to look up at them curiously.
"Liam you're a genius," Zayn states half-sarcastically as he stands up.
"Does that mean I get to be a brownie again?" Liam asks hopefully.
"Yeah. Until you do zomething ztupid again..." Zayn agrees.
"We'll see how long that lasts," Liam says with a laugh as they walk back inside.

This chapter is so sad..... And what's even sadder is that it took me 5 days to write it cuz I have no fucking clue what's going to happen anymore So the next few chapters should be very interesting.... Get ready because it truly will be legendary......
Thanks for reading:))