47

Before going to bed, Liam checks his phone to see if he had any messages or notifications he needed to answer. Seeing he had none meant the screen was empty which means he saw the selfie he had taken earlier and set as he lock screen.
He rolls his eyes but can't help but stare down longingly at the picture and see how happy he and Zayn were. Today was a lot of fun and again Liam had to ruin it and possibly ruin their relationship forever. All because of his stupid, uncontrollable temper. He didn't even intend to get mad. He just wanted to know and wanted Zayn to be okay.
     Frustratedly Liam tosses his phone aside. He sighs and stands up. His mind told him just to go back to bed and not care, but his big heart made him walk to the front door to check and see if Zayn was still sitting outside and see if he would be okay. Liam opens his door and sticks his head out into the freezing nighttime air to see Zayn still sitting on the front steps with his chin resting in his hand.
      "Are you coming inside?" Liam asks.
     "No."
      "So you're just gonna sit out here all night then," Liam says with a confused raised eyebrow.
      "Okay," Zayn shrugs. Liam rolls his eyes.
      "Zayn you're acting like a child. Come inside. Now," Liam instructs.
       "No," Zayn repeats.
"It's freezing. You'll be ill by morning," Liam tells him.
"Okay," Zayn mumbles.
        "Oh my god. You know it's supposed to rain all night right?" Liam tells him.
       "I don't care," Zayn mutters.
       "Watson really misses you," Liam points out as he glances back at the dog who was watching him.
     "He's just a dog," Zayn mutters with a careless shrug. Liam gasps quietly in surprise. Zayn would never say that! To him, Watson was so much more than 'just a dog'.
      He was family.
"Fine. If that's what you want, to sit out here all alone in the dark," Liam starts.
       "Then go ahead. I don't even care," he adds, trying his best to sound like it didn't bother him.
       "Have a Good night," he adds quietly then waits a few seconds.
      "I'll be inside if you need anything..." He adds helpfully. Zayn says nothing and Liam hangs his head sadly and closes the door with a defeated hopeless sigh.
He turns around and sees Watson staring up at him with big, hopeful eyes. Unable to speak, Liam just shakes his head slowly and walks to his bedroom to go to sleep. he lays down on his large bed, all alone again and his heart breaks a little. He hated the sudden loneliness, especially since Zayn was so close.
Seeing the empty space, Watson jumps up onto the bed and lays down on the spot Zayn used to sleep on.
"You're not gonna run away from me to, are you?" Liam asks sadly as he tries to hold back a few tears. Watson barks quietly as Liam slowly strokes Watsons side. Watson whines and licks Liam's hand encouragingly. Liam smiles slightly and turns off the light.
"I don't know what's gonna happen now," Liam tells Watson quietly.
At least he had tried.....