Chapter 18

"Huh? what? where?" I woke up on someone's back, again.

"Jeez, you should really be more quick." Neji spoke and I laughed.

"How do we always end up in this situation?" I asked and he shrugged, letting me onto my feet.

"Dunno, TenTen told me to carry you since you were still asleep and she had to go meet Lee." Neji explained. I had been sleeping at TenTen's house for the past few days because Hayate had to go out one night and I hadn't heard from him since, probably the next part of the exams.

I stayed at TenTen's so I wasn't lonely. "I was gonna wake you but Neji insisted he carry you." Ketsu butted in and I raised an eyebrow at Neji.

"She's putting it out of context!" He defended and I laughed.

"Hey guys!" Naruto ran over to us as we reached to arena.

"Hey." We both replied and Ketsu hummed in response.

We entered the arena and saw all the other people who got through, except Sasuke and Dosu stood in the middle. We joined them and I glared daggers at Tammy who glared right back. Ketsu went to join TenTen in the stands.

"Welcome to the final part of the chuunin exams!" The proctor announced and I froze.

No coughing. Different voice. Where the fuck is Hayate. Without wasting any time, I marched right over to the new proctor and grabbed him by his collar, making everyone gasp.

"Where Hayate?" I growled mad his eyes widened.

"Your Aki, Aki Gekkō. Shit." He cursed to himself and I raised an eyebrow.

"Well?" I said louder and someone suddenly restrained me by wrapping their arms around my middle with my arms by my side.

"Aki, he'll explain later so calm it." They chuckled and I sighed.

"Sure Kotetsu, sorry, Genma?" I asked and he nodded. I'd met him a few times with Hayate.

"Continue, later Aki!" Kotetsu waved and I smiled slightly. He was like a second brother to me also, him and Hayate.

~ Time Skip ~

"Nejiiiii!" I jumped onto the Hyuga who dejectedly sat up from his hospital bed.

"Aki-need-air." He chocked out and I let go slightly, still hugging him.

"You were so good, you didn't win, but well done." I smiled when I let him go, I quickly blushed at what I did.

I JUST TACKLE HUGGED MY CRUSH?! Jeez, what's wrong with me.

"Thanks Aki, I wish you good luck too." He smiled and stroked my hair as I blushed 50 shades of red.

But alas, the perfect moment was ruined when Hinata's father entered the room.

"I'll leave you too to talk." I smiled, getting up and quickly, without thinking, when Hinata's father wasn't looking, I kissed Neji's cheek briefly before sprinting away.

"Aki! Where the hell were you, your match is soon." Naruto complained to me and I rolled my eyes.

Asada lost her match to a guy named Rido Nadame.

"I was checking on Neji." I explained as I looked down at Shikamaru and Temari fighting.

Shika had Temari in his shadow possession justu and was looking like he would win when both of their hands raised, Temari didn't have any control over hers.