Philosopher's Stone

Rose's POV

For the last ten years I have lived in the forest next to Hogwarts. I have become friends with the magical creatures here. Like the centaurs, Aragog, unicorns, thestrals and hippgriffs to name a few of them. I leave the forest to work as a healer at Hogwarts and a relief teacher when needed. I have also gone to see how Harry is fairing and talked to Petunia when no one else is home. We have tea and catch up on each others lives even though she still distastes the magical world.

When I found out her husband was keeping my godson from getting his letters I was mad. I would have gone with Hagrid to collect him. But Dumbledore wanted me to try and find out want was hurting the unicorns.

On September first I went to Kings Cross Station to make sure Harry got onto the train. I saw him talking to a red haired witch. She told him how to get onto the platform. Once they left I followed and saw him get onto the train. Then followed the train in my Pegasus form, making a mental note to yell at Hagrid later.

I watched from behind Dumbledore's chair as Harry was sorted into Gryffindor. The next day when he and his friend were wondering the halls. "Why are you two not in class?" I asked walking over to them.

"We got lost Mame and can't find the Transfiguration classroom" Harry explained. I sighed, then motioned for them to follow as I lead them to class. "Excuse me, but who are you?" he asked curiously.

"My name is Rose and you may call me that nothing else" I told him. "Here we are" I stated opening the door for them.

"Can you imagine the look on McGonagalls face if we were late?" I heard Harry's red haired friend ask him. I smirked when McGonagall jump off her table turning human in front of them. "That was bleedy brilliant" he said in awe with Harry nodding in agreement.

"Thankyou Mister Weasley, perhaps I should transfigure you and Mister potter a pocket watch. That way one of you may be on time" she told the pair.

"We got lost, but Rose showed us the way" Harry told her and looked at me. "Thank you for showing us the way" he told me. Before he and his friend took their seats & started taking notes.

"Thank you for the help Miss Evans, Dumbledore wishes to see you in his office" McGonagall told me giving me a note. I nodded and left the room heading to Dumbledore's office. He told me about the break in at Gringotts and asked me to patrol the forest & third floor I agreed.

It was Halloween night and I was standing in a corner in the great hall. When Quirrell ran in screaming about a troll in the dungeons. before he passed out and the students began to panic. The teachers went to the dungeons while Snape went to the third floor. I followed Harry and his friend & watched them beat a troll. I didn't help, because I knew they'd be fine and I had sent word to McGonagall to tell her where the troll was.

I watched Harry win his first quidditch game as seeker and I was so proud of him. I watched him and his friends nearly get killed by Fluffy. When they had detention in the first I told Firenze and he saved Harry. On Christmas eve night I returned James's cloak to Harry from Dumbledore and left him a present as well.

One day I was in the library researching how to look after foal unicorns. When I heard Harry and his friends talking about Nicholas Flamel and his stone. I informed Dumbledore of this and he told me to keep a close eye on Harry. And that Hagrid look after the two orphaned unicorn foals.

Dumbledore was called to attend an urgent manner at the ministry. When things went wrong someone was after the stone. Harry and his two friends Hermione & Ron planned on stopping the person alone that night. So I got my real wand and went to the third floor to help Harry. After sending Mary to inform Dumbledore of what was happening.

I found his friends in the room with the giant wizard's chest board. "Hermione take Ron to the key room. Professor Dumbledore will be here soon" I told Hermione before heading towards Snape's test.

"What are you going to do?" she asked.

"I am going to protect my godson" I told her smiling before fleeing the room. I got through Snape's test quickly and entered the room that had the mirror of Erised. Harry was talking to the back of Quirrell's head where Voldemort's face was sticking out.

"Leave my godson alone" I told him stepping in front of Harry with my wand raised. Voldemort looked at me curiously and smiled wickedly.

"Rosemary Evans or should I call you Rosemary Black?" he sneered. "How noble of you to try and defend Harry. But he and I need to finish our talk" he told me. "Together we can bring them back all I ask is something in return. Something that lies in your pocket" he sneered.

I looked and saw the bugle in Harry's pocket. "Harry ran!" I yelled as Quirrell lunged at him wrapping his hand around my godsons neck. "Oh no you don't" I snarled and aimed my wand at him.

When he screamed puling away from Harry as his hand turned to dust. "Fool get the stone" Voldemort told him. Harry lunged at Quirrell placing his hands on his face. Then Quirrell's whole body turned to dust except his clothes. Voldemort's ghost/spirit attacked Harry and he passed out.

I put him on my back and turned into a Pegasus. I flew out of the room and out of Fluffy's room to see Dumbledore had arrived. He Harry from my back allowing me to transform and we walked to the hospital wing. When Harry woke up I heard Dumbledore tell him how Lily saved him with her love ten years ago.

"Who are you?" Harry asked when Dumbledore left the hospital wing.

I sighed before answering "I am your aunt on your mothers side. I am also your godmother, but no one can know that I am alive." He nodded and pulled me into a hug which I returned.

"Thank you for trying to protect me Aunt Rose" Harry said as we pulled away. We talked for a little while before I left to check on the unicorn foals. I watched as Gryffindor won the house cup and clapped with everyone else. I can't wait until next year to see Harry again and see want mischievous he'd get into next.

A/N

Picture of the stone above