53

there was no more time for seolyeon to act as if she didn't see him; their eyes already met.

and when it did, the smile on his face grew wider. he even gave her a little wave. but all she did was smile back awkwardly in return.

instead on walking to him, seolyeon looked at her phone again and started to type.

@asdfghohoseok: what are you doing here???

@asdfghohoseok: what happened to "working" on your 2 weeks off??

@kimingyou: im just getting  a cup of coffee

@asdfghohoseok: its almost closing time

@kimingyou: um no

@kimingyou: ur shop is 24 hours open

fuck, seolyeon muttered to herself. how could she even forget? now she has no excuse.

another curse word escaped from her lips when she heard the chimes of the door ring, that means someone went inside. he went inside.

"hey," he greeted, voice already familiar to her ears, but it's not sickening.

her eyes was still on the device on her hands. seolyeon didn't know if she would keep it and look at him, or stay with it and just let him wait until he gets tired and eventually leaves.

@kimingyou: you know if youre trying to ignore me then good luck with that

@kimingyou: i mean who could ignore this handsome face

@kimingyou:the gloRIOUSNESS

@kimingyou: WATCH IT

@kimingyou: SEE IT

@kimingyou: ADMIRE IT

seolyeon rolled her eyes and look upㅡan action that she immediately regretted doing but the girl has no other choice but to continue.

kim mingyu was standing in front of her, on the other side of the counter, with his phone in his hands. the idol was wearing a thick black coat, and under that was a hoodie and black pants.

"hey," he smiled. "again."

"hi..." seolyeon mumbled silently.

"you know you're so innocent and pure in real life but when we chat you're like the opposite."

"is that a good thing or a bad thing?" that was supposed to be for herself, but for some dumb reason, seolyeon spoke it out.

he chuckled, "i think it's a good thing... it's, uh... how do i say this?" mingyu tried to think of a word, "cute? that's the only that came to mind."

"cute?"

"yeah."

"okay..."

and then silence took over them.

seolyeon looked at the floor, while the idol looked around the shopㅡboth of them avoided each other's eyes.

but not too long after, he spoke again, "why... why are we so distant?"

"didn't you ask that alreadyㅡ"

"yeah, but what you answered was that we needed space." he said, "and i don't think that worked out well."

"maybe we need more time."

"if more time passes by, you'll ignore me for the rest of your life."

"isn't that a good thing? i mean you'll be busy with your schedules. you're in an idol group, after all. a famous rookie group."

"is that why?" his eyebrows furrowed, "is that why you keep on avoiding me? because i'm a member of a boy group."

"i thought i made it clear already. but yes, that's why."

"what does me being an idol have to do with me and you?"

"you have a lot of activities in and outside this country and more fans will recognize you. what if they see us? and misunderstand things? your group would be in danger."

mingyu sighed and closed his eyes, "i like to fart with my eyes closed."

"you nasty piece of crap, why would you even say that?" she exclaimed as she laughed. that disgustingly funny statement someone made her a little more comfortable.

"you know for fan, you're being too mean to your idol!"

"and for an idol, you're being too flirty with your fan."

"are we okay now?" the idol asked, his words filled with hope.

"yes, we are, please shut the heck up now before you say any more disturbing words."

the tall idol laughed, "we really suck at... this friendship, or if that's what we even call it?"

"then what else would we be if we aren't friends?"

"i don't know," he wiggled his eyebrows, "in a relationship?"

"mingyu, get the fuck out of my shop." 

------x

changed my mind, im ending this on 60 

jfc im the worst