47

seolyeon's smile disappeared from her face. it was as if she's in a horror movie and the culprit found out where she hid.

but the difference was: there wasn't any culprits, just a terrifyingly handsome rapper.

she didn't look away from her phoneㅡshe didn't want to. she was afraid to see his smiling face outside the shop, through the glass walls.

seolyeon was scared to see the boy, for a reason she didn't know herself.

she almost screamed in both surprise and horror when the bell rings from above the door, which signals somebody entered.

but she stayed still, not even thinking of looking away from her phone and focused on the device.

"you know," a voice, which she knew too well, spoke. "you're not going to watch that phone the whole time i'm here."

she wanted to answer, but at the same time, she also didn't want to. though she had to make a decision.

looking up, seolyeon saw the person she has been avoiding for weeks.

he was wearing mostly wearing black, and half of his face was covered with a mask. even though his mouth wasn't seen, she was certain he was smiling.

"finally." he breathed out, walking towards the counter where she was behind. "took me a while to find this place."

she still didn't move, but only followed him with her eyes. and for a few seconds, she thought she was overreacting.

he's just an idol, what's with the avoiding? everyone would feel something for an idol.

"what are you doing here?" she snapped, not having any intention to make it sound mean, but for some reason it did.

mingyu stopped from his tracks, "ouch." he laughedㅡforcefully or nervously, both of them didn't know. "do you not want me here?"

"no, it's not thatㅡ"

"great!" the huge smile on his lips made a comeback as he continued to walk towards her again. "i'm here to talk?"

"that's not in the menu."

"i'm not ordering."

"then you're not a costumer. please leave."

he sighed, "seolyeon..."

"mingyu," she mimicked with the same tone, before sighing. "look, i can't talk right now. i'm busy."

he looked around the store, "there's no one else here except for me, though?" he laughed, "it's been a month."

"we decided to think by ourselves and then talk again right? well, i still need more time to do that."

"but i'm done with the thinking."

"good for you."

there it was again. the thought of overreacting. she thought she was making it too complicatedㅡshe only has feelings for him, what's the big deal?

right. that was the big deal.

"seolyeon."

the said girl laughed without humor, "it's funny." she said, "i mean, we act as if we're a couple having a fightㅡbut the sad thing is only one likes the other, and not the same thing around."

there, she said it. it wasn't the most direct confession, but at least she tried.

seolyeon looked down, "we stopped talking for a while to regain the... the not awkward moments, but i'm here being all shitty and making things worse."

she raised her head and saw him, maybe both shocked and confused, "i'm sorry, i'm overreacting again. i'm a piece of crap and this scene is too cringe-y to be a part of my life. can we just forget about tonight and act as if nothing happened tomorrow?"

"seolyeonㅡ"

and as if it was on cue, the phone rings.

mingyu almost screamed in disappointment when he heard the tone. he picked it from his pocket and looked at the girl.

"pick it up, it may be important."

he gave her a sad look, but the ringing still didn't stop. he sighed and took a few steps a way before clicking answer.

seolyeon watched as his eyebrows furrowed and answered the person on the other line but she couldn't decipher what he was saying at all.

mingyu probably waited forbthe caller to speak, but then he started to give his reply after seconds of silence.

once he put the phone down, he looked back at her before mouthing i'm sorry.

and he left.

------x

fUKCERY FROG IM CRINGING SO MUCH I HAD TO LAUGH IM REALLY SORRY LMAO i lowkey like seeing yall cringe ;-)))

PLS SUGGEST SCENES istg i had something but i forgot to write it down???

three or eight moRE CHAPTERS !! depends on how many ideas i still have pft

btw yall saw the news abt mingyu??? ;-((  my precious smol lil bun is apologizing bc he wasn't well fksdjfksdf