32

"now that things are settled," he started, putting his phone back in his pocket. "let's talk."

"i came here to get my identification card."

"and i came here to talk to you," mingyu answered. "so if you talk with me, i'll give you back your card. it's a win-win situation."

"what do you want to talk about?"

"i don't know."

seolyeon groaned tiredly, "are you serious?"

"hey, you're not the only one who's nervous." he pointed out. "it took me a lot of courage to even ask you a question?"

"and that question was if i liked spoons?"

"i was nervous, okay!" seolyeon started laughing at the flustered idol. "you're mean."

"you called me an owlㅡ"

"okay, okay! i called you an owl! can't we just let that go already?" 

"of course, we can. if you give me back my card."

"butㅡ" the boy stopped when a phone started ringing, he fished the device out from his pocket and stood up, "i'll be back."

seolyeon nodded and the boy walked away from the table. it wasn't too far, but it was enough for the girl not to hear the conversation.

"ma'am, here's your ice cream." she looked up and saw a staff smiling. he was holding a tray that had both of the cups.

"ah, yes." she nodded and the waiter put both cups on the table before bowing to her. seolyeon smiled and the boy walked back to the counter.

she looked at the spot where mingyu was standing a while ago, only to see the boy missing.

she tried to think positively, laid back on the chair and started eating her ice cream with the thought that maybe he just went to the men's room. 

but that was when a few more minutes passed by but the boy still wasn't coming back when seolyeon started to get worried.

her eyes wandered around the ice cream parlor. only a few people were inside, but the tall idol was nowhere to be found.

she put her phone inside her coat's pocket and was about to stand up when the waiter from a while ago arrived in front of her.

"hello, ma'am, i just have a question." he asked politely, both of his hands on his back. "why are you going to eat that other ice cream by yourself? it's starting to melt. it must be a waste."

"huh? no, it's for my friend."

"oh, kim mingyu? that guy from seventeen?"

"yeah," she answered cautiously, afraid that the male in front of her might misunderstand. "he was just going to give back the identification card that fell..."

"but he left a while ago after paying for for both ice creams, though?"

------x

ooOOoHH asshole!mingyu is a thing now-

i thiNK ILL GO BACK TO THE TEXTS STARTING THE NEXT CHAPTER LMAO