Legal parent

Brendon had the biggest smile on his face. Why is he so happy? I carry on reading the letter and it falls straight from my hands. Brendon's facial expression changes immediately. I shake my head in denial. "Huns what's wrong?" I hear my mother say between the muffled whispers. "I... Ugh. I just need the toilet, excuse me." I ran. I didn't look back. I passed the toilets, like hell i was going to the restrooms. I was fleeing from my problems like I always do. I found the exit to the hotel, I took a left turn no just legged it. There was no turning back now. Luckily the streets were lit dimly.

I felt like I was running forever until I finally came across a small, withered park. I decided to sit down inside the band stands that stood high in the gardens. It was surrounded by blossom trees and the petals slowly fell in the slight breeze. The comfort is just what I needed right now.

Brendon's P.O.V.

I had to do something while she was gone. "Hey everyone free drinks on me!" Everyone cheese and walked over to the bar. I stood there and looked at the empty seat. Honestly I don't blame her, finding out that one of your favourite people in the entire universe ditched you when you were born and now wants you back in their live is a hard thing to grasp. But this isn't how I expected it to go. "She'll come to terms with it I promise. She just needs time to think." Dallon pats my back and tries to lighten the mood. I walk out to go talk to her. I walk upstairs to her room, the door was unlocked so I took it upon myself to wander in. "Darcy?" I say with a light voice hoping she would react okay.

I see her brother Jack walk out of the bedroom and he makes direct eye contact with me. "Hey, has Darcy been here?" I ask the guy with the drink in his hand. "Um no sorry, she hasn't come up yet. Why is she okay?" He stared to sound more panicked then I did. "Yeah she's fine she just needed the loo, she must have gone to the one in the lobby." I lied. I didn't want him on a wild goose chase too. This is all my fault if she is hurt. All one measly druken mistake that turned out to be the best thing probably to come into my life.

Darcy's P.O.V.

My phone was bombarded with text messages and missed calls that I didn't want to deal with. I slammed it down on the wooden floor, probably cracking it, and lay on my back to admire the mid afternoon sky. It was turning from a warm orang colour, to a mucky green colour. I sigh and turned over to and listened to the sounds of the night. I hear footsteps coming up the wooden steps and suddenly tried to hide behind one of the wooden pillars. "Darcy.." I hear a masculine voice. It wasn't my dad or even Brendon's. I stand up to reveal the mess I was in. "Michael?" He waves at me gently. "How did you even find me?" I say with a slight croak in my voice. I tried not to cr but it was impossible, the tears just came rushing and I fell to the floor. I heard him running over to my side and felt him rubbing my back up and down for sympathy.

"Hey hey shh, it's gonna to be okay, your okay." See I always thought of Michael as a brother, he was in the same foster home as me. He'd pick on me everyday but not in a harmful way, it was mutual. He always be there when I was sad, id make him laugh when he was down and we were the unstoppable pair. Batman and robin, peanut butter and jelly. You couldn't separate us. He would always play his guitar for every night which would help me drift off to sleep. He's the one that encouraged me to start singing. We were always by each other's side, until the harrowing day came where I was adopted and it honestly crushed my heart.

We had one last hug that day and I can remember clearly that I didn't want to let go. I didn't want to leave my partner in crime. He's the brother I never had until I was introduced to my new family. I was so happy with them but I'd still think about him. Then one day I saw him playing his guitar on YouTube he covered Green Day's Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and after that I got in contact with him and we formed coloured paints. We have a pretty long history and to be honest, I'm so happy he showed up over anyone else.

He holds his hand out and I grab it and we start to head back to the hotel. The closer we got, the angrier I made him. He wasn't happy that I ran off for he reason I did, and now he was out for blood. I was honestly praying to god that didn't do anything stupid. We reached the same hall that we were in before, everyone was standing around drinking and talking and I see Brendon, he gets up and runs up to me. I tug on Michaels sleeve and before he reaches me, Michael cuts him off and stands in front of me. I felt bad but I needed space. Time to heal.

"Woah woah, stand back buddy, she's not in the mood to talk. She just wanted to say goodnight to everyone." Michael puts his hand out so Brendon wouldn't come any closer. "Excuse me?" I Brendon say in a slightly pissed off tone. I gulp, this won't end well. "She doesn't want to talk about anything okay?" Michael turns his head and smirks at him. Brendon loses his temper and shouts. "Well I'm her legal parent and I can talk to her when I need to!" Michael clenches his fists, I signal Brian to come and help me out. He slowly makes his way over.

"I suggest you leave her alone until she has calmed herself down and is ready to talk." Everyone at this point was already as nervous a I was. Brendon swings his arm for Michael's face, everyone gasped. Luckily Michael managed to doge the punch and manages to head butt Brendon in the process. He hit his nose directly and the caused Brendon to fall directly to the ground. I wanted to make sure he was okay but before I knew it, Michael had grabbed my hand and we were running off to the rooms. I don't know how the fuck such an amazing night turned into my best friend head butting my new father...