| Chapter Forty-Three |

"Today was...

Interesting."

---

I went into the kitchen and noticed that there was a note on the fridge. It said, "Hi, (Y/N)! I'm going out on a date tonight, so I need you to do some chores around the house. I need you to vacuum the carpet, take out the trash, and wash the dishes. Also, if you get hungry, there are some leftovers in the fridge. Love, mom."

I sighed and decided that I might as well get started. I started washing all the dishes, rinsing them off, and dried them off with a kitchen towel. I walked into the closet in the hallway and got the vacuum cleaner. I plugged it into the wall outlet and vacuumed the carpet in the living room. I unplugged the vacuum and put it back in the closet.

Now, the last thing I needed to do was take out the trash. I pulled the trash bag out of the trashcan and walked outside. I put the trash bag in a larger trashcan that was outside of the house. I walked back inside and put a clean trash bag in the trashcan. I sighed with relief as I finally finished my chores.

I grabbed some leftover dinner out of the fridge and put it in the microwave for a minute. I finally heard the beeping noises of the microwave, signifying that it was done warming up the food. I grabbed the plate and sat on the couch. I took the remote and turned on my favorite channel.

All of the sudden, I got a text from Frisk.

"Frisk: (Y/N)?! What happened to Chara?!"

"(Y/N): I'm sorry, it was my fault. I made Chara mad, so they lashed out on me, and Sans saw that Chara hurt me so he hurt Chara back."

"Frisk: How did you make Chara mad?"

"(Y/N): I kept asking about their past."

"Frisk: (Y/N)!"

"(Y/N): What?!"

"Frisk: Damn it, I should have told you not to do that. Chara is really sensitive about their past."

"(Y/N): Oh."

"(Y/N): I'm sorry."

"Frisk: It's okay, it's not your fault. I'll talk to you about it later."

"(Y/N): Btw, isn't this the last week of school before summer break?"

"Frisk: Yup! I'm super excited!"

I put my phone down and sighed. Is Chara's past really that bad?

---