| Chapter One |

---

My eyes fluttered open as my alarm clock sounded. I lazily got up from bed and stretched my arms. Today felt like it was going to be a good day. I looked out the window, the golden rays of sun burning my eyes. I shielded my eyes with my hand, scowling.

I quickly got ready for school and dashed out the door. I hate being late, because the last time I was late, my teacher threatened to give me a week of detention if I was late again.

I walked into the school building, brimming with determination. I was oddly confident this morning. Walking to my locker, I saw someone at the corner of my eye; someone who I've never seen at school before. Hell, I've never even seen him around town before. I stared at him, examining his attire and appearance.

He had a light blue jacket on, a white t-shirt, white Converse sneakers, and black basketball shorts that had a white stripe on each side. He had white hair; maybe he dyed it that way? He had tan skin and he had eyes that were two different colors. One eye was blue and the other eye was dark brown, almost black. What's it called when someone has two different eye colors? Ah, that's right; heterochromia.

His multicolored eyes landed on me, looking me up and down. He was obviously observing me too.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." the boy chuckled. I shook my head, snapping back to reality. "Oh, I'm sorry!" I laughed nervously. "Nah, it's alright." he said as he walked towards me. "My name's Sans." Sans said, extending his hand. "My name's (Y/N)." I said as I shook his hand.

"You're not from here, are you?" I questioned. "Nah, I'm not from here, I'm from out of state." Sans explained. "Oh, that makes sense; I've never seen you here before!" I smiled. Sans smiled back at me.

For about two minutes, it was an awkward silence. We were both kind of just... staring at each other. I laughed nervously, and Sans awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Awkward, am I right?" Sans laughed. "Yeah, this is pretty awkward." I replied, laughing with him. We started talking about random things, such as family and hobbies, until the bell rang. Sans looked at his schedule and asked, "Hey, what class do you have for first period?"

"Oh, I have language arts." I replied. Sans eyes seemed to light up a little bit. "Me too! Wanna walk together?" Sans asked. "Sure!" I smiled. We walked to class together, sharing funny stories and puns.

---