| Chapter Eleven |

"'Yay, this should be fun.' I said to myself sarcastically."

---

After I finished my homework, I changed into my pajamas and went straight to sleep. I woke up the next morning and sat up. I looked out my window and looked at the sun rise over the mountains. I looked at the time on my phone. Hm, that's strange. I woke up before my alarm even went off. Well, I guess that means more time for me to get ready!

After I got dressed, the alarm on my phone started going off, so I dismissed it. I walked into the kitchen and ate some cereal and walked outside, watching the sunrise. I didn't have to rush to school since I woke up early. Plus, it was such a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming. On days like this, kids shouldn't have to be trapped in a school building.

I sighed and started walking to school, not paying attention to anything that was in front of me. All of the sudden, I bumped into someone. Great.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I--" I started. I looked at who I bumped into and noticed that it was Hyther. Hyther was a tall, tan girl with a short, gray, pixie haircut. Her eyes were dark brown, and she had helix peircings, she wore a white muscle shirt, dark gray sports capris, and dark purple running shoes.

"Oh, I didn't even notice it was you, Hyther!" I exclaimed. "Haha, I didn't notice you either!" Hyther laughed. I looked down and noticed that there were a bunch of papers on the ground. "Crap, I'm sorry." I apologized as I kneeled down and started picking up the papers. "Nah, it's cool. I can pick them up myself." Hyther replied as she also kneeled down to pick up the papers.

After we picked up all the papers, Hyther asked if I wanted her to walk with me to school. I said that she didn't have to, but she insisted. She ended up walking with me to school anyways. Hyther has always been the determined type.

Later on that day, it was the last class of the day, and the last class that I had was P.E. Luckily, Hyther also had P.E., so at least I wasn't all alone. During P.E., we didn't do too much. We did the usual stretches, ran two laps around the gym, and played dodgeball.

After I changed out of my P.E. clothes to my regular clothes and grabbed my backpack, Hyther asked if I wanted her to walk me home. Of course, I said yes; she's a really good friend of mine. We've known each other since we were little kids! After she dropped me off at my house, we parted ways. I unlocked the door and walked inside.

Something was... different. I walked inside the living room and saw that my mom wasn't there. She probably went out for groceries or something. I shrugged it off and walked to my room, quickly finishing my homework. I decided to start getting ready because I was going to hang out with a good friend of mine for the first time in years.

I put on a casual outfit, did my hair, and I walked out of the house. All of the sudden, Hyther drove up through the driveway and beeped the car horn.

"Get in, loser! We're going shopping!"

---