| Chapter Thirteen |

"Today was definitely the best day ever."

---

Hyther dropped me off at my house, and as I started unlocking my door, she drove away. I walked into the house and looked at the clock. It was starting to get really late. I walked into my room and went straight to bed.

I woke up the next morning and noticed that I was running late. Shit. I quickly got ready and ran out of the door. I starting fast-walking to school and as soon as I actually made it to school, the bell rung. Everyone started walking to their classes.

I dashed to my locker and starting unlocking it, quickly grabbing the books I needed for my first class. I swiftly walked through the crowd of students and walked into my class. I sat at my desk as the bell rang. I sighed with relief. That was a close one.

It's not that I don't like being late, it's just that I've been late so many times that if I'm late to school again, I'll be in big trouble. I looked around the classroom and noticed that Frisk and Chara were in this class. How could I not have noticed that before? Frisk made eye-contact with me before smiling and giving a small wave. I waved back.

Since the teacher wasn't in the classroom yet and there was an empty seat next to me, Frisk walked to the seat next to me and sat in it. I noticed that Frisk was probably sitting next to Chara, because when I looked at Chara, they glared back at me. I felt a chill crawl up my spine. It felt like Chara's red eyes were staring into my soul.

As Ms. Toriel walked into the classroom, the students grew quiet as they listened to what she had to say.

"Okay, class. Today, I'll be assigning a group project." Ms. Toriel said. I saw a bunch of students look at their friends with deviant looks on their faces. "I will be assigning who will work together." Ms. Toriel stated. "Aww!" a couple of students whined. Ms. Toriel started listing people's names, and then she finally said the group I was in.

"(Y/N), you will be working with Chara and Frisk." Ms. Toriel stated. Frisk had a smile on their face, and Chara had a look of disgust on their face. "But, mom-- I mean... 'Ms. Toriel'..." Chara started. "I don't like (Y/N)!" Chara exclaimed. "Chara, that was very rude of you to say!" Ms. Toriel replied.

"Sorry, Ms. Toriel..." Chara apologized. "Don't apologize to me, apologize to (Y/N)!" Toriel stated. Chara turned to face me. "...Sorry, (Y/N)..." Chara sighed. "That's alright... I guess..." I replied.

Eventually, we moved our desks together and discussed what we thought we should do for the project. Frisk had some very creative ideas, meanwhile, Chara, on the other hand, didn't really have much input. The bell rang and Chara practically jumped out of their seat and grabbed Frisk's arm.

"Alright, let's get going now." Chara stated. "Woah, why are you in such a hurry, Chara?" Frisk asked. "Because I want to get as far away from (Y/N) as possible." Chara whispered. Frisk looked at me with a look of guilt. "You're not very good at whispering, Chara." I whispered back. Frisk giggled at my witty remark, and Chara looked mad.

"Ugh, let's just go." Chara said as they practically dragged Frisk out of the room. Man, does Chara hate my guts that much?

---