Brittle

Dear Diary,

I don't know what I  was expecting, but this was definitely not it.  The house is huge, and  Phil is so nice.  I keep waiting for the next shoe to drop.  I know it  will. 

Less than an hour  after arriving in my new home, I was panicking and making a disaster of  my new life.  I couldn't even tell Dr. Roberts what I thought of his  kindness and generosity.  Luke bundled me off to take a nap, and of  course, I had another nightmare.

This one started off  the same as the others.  I was in the dark, and then surrounded by all  of their dead bodies, with Volto and my father laughing at me in the  distance.  I dropped to my knees to touch Kota's face, trying to fix his  glasses and begging for him to wake up.  As soon as my fingers made  contact, his skin turned brittle and began to flake away.  A gust of  wind surrounded us and I could do nothing but watch in horror as my  boys, my family, crumbled to dust and were swept away.  I curled up on  the floor and screamed.

Which was exactly how  I woke in my new bed.  I'm pretty sure that I caused damage to Luke's  eardrums.  Why do I have to be so scared?  I have fought my whole life,  and never gave into the fear, so why now?  It's paralyzing.  I don't  want to be like this, but how can I change it?  I don't even know when  I'm zoning out until I'm back again.  Maybe I should talk to Echo.  Dr.  Sean thinks it would help.

I'm tired of feeling like this.