7. Ophelia

Ophelia P.O.V.

I woke up dazed and confused as to why I was in luxurious room. The room seems to spin, be swaying back and forth. A chandelier swings side to side, as the events of last night come rushing back into my dauntless mind.

My left ear throbs causing my hand to shoot up and feel around. As soon as they make contact with my flesh they clasp around cool metal that is attached to my ear. Silently freaking out I try to pry it off , but soon realized, by the pain that follows, it is literally attached to my ear. Trying to gain back my cool the logical part of me tells me to leave it alone and get out of here.

I lay here on my back questioning why I was someone would take me in the first place and why my father , of all people didn't stop  this. The only thing that my mind can seem to process is the way  my father's face  glistened with mixed emotions, like he was having an internal battle, when I was kidnapped. His features were filled with guilt as if he knew this were going to happen, his hazel eyes looked down at me as a needle pricked my arm and I fell into unconsciousness.

"Why am I here? Why did you take me?" I ask no one in particular. I planned to wait for an answer, but the more I laid here, the sicker I become by the spinning room.

I sat up and roll out of bed, feeling weak. I slowly walk to the end of the room near the freshly painted blue door with a note pinned to it saying "Hint, hint" with the initials of S.P. at the bottom.

S.P.? I knew no one with those entials. I quickly looked around the nearly empty room, hoping to find another note, but coming up empty. The room was spacious , with little furniture in it and air of elegance floated about it. I didn't fit in this room , it was like I was an abstract painting on a plain white wall.

Still deep in thought the creak of a door slaps me back into reality. Turning slowly around a burst of stale air flooded the humid room, as if sensing my approach.

A hidden intercom system crackles to life, and words flood out in the form of a male voice. Something that I hadn't noticed upon first glance.

"Ophelia or Bethany , you may be wondering why we have brought you two here and perhaps where exactly 'here' is. You will find out later. You will notice that there is a metal ear piece around and ear and a wristband around your wrist." Yeah I noticed.

";This is for us to keep track of your location, monitor your heart rate and make sure you have a healthy blood rate. As well as this, it is to make sure we have control over your decision in this game. "

"In the corner next to you, you will also notice that we have given you a bag containing some survival gear as well as a change of more suitable clothing. We ask that you change into them soon- before you exit the room.  You have been warned."

I know this voice from somewhere. Then it hits me, the voice I hear is Swift Prober, a very famous television host. But I don't see why I was kidnapped by him. There are thousands to millions of people who would line up around the block to be with him for a second. What is so special about me? I try and think of any logical reason as to why they want me. I come up empty there's nothing special about me.Nothing

I walk towards the bag in the corner and open it to find: the change of clothes as promised a pair of blue jeans, a white tee shirt, white gym shoes, and a bandana.

A loud beeping noise sounds through the room making a small squeak come from my lips.

A second hidden door opens from the side of the wall. I walk through to see that I'm on a boat. The clear blue water is dazzling with the sun's rays bouncing off of it. For a second, I see why everyone wants to be on this show. Every direction I look, I see a new amazement. I gape at my surroundings until I hear a female voice call my name in a sweet voice, like she was trying to flirt. She lures me around the corner of the boat, because you see I'm quite the flirt myself , and a woman who has such beauty, as does she can not be overlooked. I continued to follow the woman  into a cabin. That's when things change. Her voice goes from sweet and lovely to forceful and dominant.

"Get over here!" She yells. I quickly obey, a little scared of what she's planning to do to me.

"Sit in this chair. We need to fix you for the show." A metal chair  sits in the center of the cabin.

"Since this show is for entertainment, the viewers want to know who they are rooting for. We're giving everyone their own look, so the people will not confuse the players." Players? Game?

A long pause came, maybe to let this sink in. Okay, so a TV show kidnaps me and plans to change my look so the viewers don't confuse the thirty six players. Another day in the life of Ophelia Summers. A girl walks in. My stylist, probably. Wonder what she's going to do to me.

"I was thinking of dying your hair even darker. ." She snaps her fingers and a male and female come in. Both have on blinding neon colors and awkward polygon shapes hanging off  their anorexic figures. The people come towards me with scissors and cans of hair product. I'm still dizzy and, not registering anything, don't care what they do to me, as long as they don't kill me. It takes around ten minutes to finish and I look in the mirror to see a stranger.

Can I say WOW.

I look in the mirror to see my hair is now jet black and curly past my shoulders, my green-brown eyes gleaming with healthiness, and my olive skin free from any blemish.

"So, are you ready for what is going to happen?" The head stylist goes back the sweet tone. Talk about bipolar.

Without letting me answer, she continues. "I don't think anyone here is ready, but you, darling, look completely unprepared." Her tone turns condescending.

"Oh, look! There's your deathbed.. I mean your new home!" Cue fake smile to try to cover her slip.

Deathbed?!?

I look over to a beautiful island with a gigantic building on top of it moving closer and closer. The dizzy feeling, having faded a bit, comes back full force. The world just seems to be spinning and getting darker. I see that the floor would like to get acquainted with me. I close my eyes, the dizziness getting worse, and I feel my consciousness fading.

I'm struck by a moment of irony. Here I am, racing towards my death on a speedboat, and I'm about to faint. It feels like I'm going to die; the pain is so intense.

"Goodbye fans." At least I get to show my "appreciation" for being "allowed" on here.

Cue fake smile.

--------------------------------------------

What do you think about the process of getting new players. I know it's not really a backstory, but this answer some questions. Who is your favorite and least favorite. Don't forget to vote and share.