4. Candy Land

*unedited*

Everyone is now in front of a podium except for Isabella and Kane who are sitting in the red and blue chair.

"Ok. Players. I see that you survived round one. Poor William. We gave him the glorious opportunity to become a free man and he failed." Swift's hologram says.

"Time for round 2. The bucket now has eleven blue cubes and two red ones. You need at least six votes to stay. Who wants to choose first?"

Isabella stands up from her chair with no expression on her face. As if someone did not just become executed in front her. As if twelve more people doesn't has to die. She puts her hand in the dark abyss to randomly choose a small cube. Blue. Safe.

Next was Charlie..... Red. Dead. She is only 18 years old. She takes a seat in my chair while I stand in her podium.

Hayden and Rose goes up together and are both safe. They slowly walks to their podiums holding hands.

Darwin and Kane goes up together. The youngest people in the game. Both are clearly working together to make sure one of them win.Wade, the leader of the children chooses next before the other two can open their hands. All blue.

Wade has been in control the young boys vote since William was here. He controls three votes by himself.

Jason. The lone young boy. Only thirteen years old. All by himself. At this point only Isabella has talked to him like he's a person. He doesn't talk much, but still deserve to be treated equally. He picks out the bucket to find a blue cube.

Elijah is next. The army commander and the father of Isabella. He seems as if he would do anything for her. He chooses the cube and it comes out red. The color of blood. The color of anger. The color of fire. He gives Isabella a small item then takes a seat next to Charlie and the voting begins.

Isabella instantly votes the obvious way to save her father.

"Save the man. He fought for our country. He deserves a thank you by you keeping him." Isabella commands.

"Charlie is the same age as you. Weren't you the person who said they had more life to live. Elijah was going to die wherever he was anyway, why not get rid of him." Darwin says.

"I swear to god, ever vote that gets rid of my dad is my target. I will do whatever in my power to make sure you are gone."

"You do know only one person can win right?" Charlie says. "Ever if he stays today, him and or you will not be leaving. This game is free for all and duos need to be separated. If everyone saves me. It would be best for you and the baby."

"Baby?" Kane questions.

"I'm pregnant. I'm two months pregnant. I'm trying to win for the little thing inside of me."

Elijah puts his hands over his eyes in sadness. He still hasn't said a word since sitting.

Charlie face turns the color of her hair as she starts to cry.

"I'm sorry. It's the hormones."

Hayden flutters.
"I don't know. I can't separate a child from their father. I always wanted that connection but never could never have a child. I'm sorry." He and Rose votes. Seven votes left.

"Thank you mister." Says Isabella.
"If you are voting my dad out. Please tell me so I know who to go against."

"I'm saving him." Says Mary.

" Me too." Adds Jason.

Five votes left.

"That's five votes. We only need one more vote until she's gone."

Wade votes. Then Kane. Then Darwin.

Two votes left.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!" Ophelia yells. "We don't have to play their games. All we have to do is not vote."

"No! If you don't vote you will end up like William. Trust me on that. This game isn't a choice. This isn't a game. This is real life and real death. Vote!" Wade argues.

Trisha votes and salute towards Elijah and bows.

"Ophelia! Bethany! Whoever you choose to be. Vote!" Wade says.

She silently votes and all of the votes are counted.

The wall behind him shows in big numbers 6-5. Only separated by one vote. One vote controlled someone's life. A long pause. No sound.

Isabella is covered in tears. Praying.

"Beep. Beep. Beep." Goes the wristband. Elijah wristbands blinks and electrocutes his body. His face tenses up. His brown hair sticks up slightly. Isabella screams as she watch. He curls into his own body with a hard cheese. Then uncurls into a slump. Eyes wide open. Veins still protruding.

"AHH! I can't do this. We need to get out of here! This can not be real. This is a dream. Haha. This isn't funny guys. You can stop this. Bring back William. The joke is over. I bet the tattoos were fake."

Charlie gets up to hug Isabella. Her face is a shade of red and a smile on her face. Tears are plugged into her palms.

"This isn't funny. Please quit." She pleads.

"He was going to go anyway. He wouldn't allow himself to beat you. He is a hero to everyone in here. We thank him. We will always remember his name. We salute." Trisha says.

"I'm sorry. But there is a child inside of her. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." Ophelia says softly.

His red chair descends.

"What's the point of playing. There are twelve year olds playing. If we are going to sacrifice ourselves for them what's the point of playing. They won. Congratulations kids. You can watch all of us die and then you can go back to elementary school and color or some shit. I'm playing to win. I'm sorry but I love myself more than I love any of you. All of you should be thinking the same way."

"Agreed." Mary says.

"This isn't Candy Land. We aren't going to give you a free pass because you are a kid. We all have lives and we all have a reason to live."

_________________________

What do you think of this chapter? Who is your favorite character? Who do you want to get more details from?
I do read every comment and take them into consideration.

Don't forget to vote and share too.