8. One Step Closer

*unedited*

Everyone sits patiently in front of a podium while Ophelia and Jason are in the seat. They have been almost thirty minutes waiting for the next round. Unlike the last rounds, between the break there is no game talking at all. Everyone just sits drenched in sweat. Hot enough for Kane, Wade, and even Isabella to take off their shirts dropped on the wall close to their podium. everyone is starving and wants to go home to their families.

Swift Prober appears in the middle of the room. Same suit as last time, but his hair is much more casual with no gel at all. "Are you ready for round five." He rotates around on top of the bucket and stops in sight of Wade. "One step closer for you to go home to a nice air conditioned house. This round there will be eight blue cubes and two red cubes. But this round is a little different. You will notice the wristband now have a new power. I will let you all figure that out on your own...You may now pick your cube."

First is Wade. He is not shirtless showing his pale toned body. Wade is now dressed in just black joggers and no shoes. His hair is in a shaggy dark mess with lighter roots. He shoves his hand into the dark hole to find a sight of happiness. His fifth blue cube.

Next was Trisha. Now in only light grey dress pants and a white button that is slightly unbuttoned to compliment her dark skin tone. Her eyes are puffy from all the tears she had to endure. She hasn't talked much to anyone, but she is seen as the voice of reason. She picks a blue cube.

Next was Kane. Nothing but jeans and sweat on. He pulls out a blue cube.

Tatum stands up to pull next, but Mary interrupts her by getting up first. Tatum sits while Mary side eyes her. Before putting her hands into the bucket she slides back on her glasses and tuck her short almost blond hair behind her ear. Rolling up her thin sleeve to put her hand in the mystery to pull out a red cube.

She angrily takes the first seat.

Leaving Tatum. Her moral enemy. Isabella, her ally. Charlie, Darwin, Ophelia, and Jason.

Tatum pulls next. She quickly and gracefully pulls out a blue cube. She then sashays and stunts in front of her. "You aren't getting my vote being transphobic. Whoever is next to her is staying on my watch."

Mary spits as if she doesn't care about her opinion.

Next Charlie and Isabella goes up together. They started off as enemies when Charlie fought to live next to her dad, but made a well known alliance together with Jason after wards.  Charlie is a white tank top with cut out sides and a regular dark blue pair of jeans. Her hair is still a bright orange since the beginning bring life into the room. Isabella on the other hand is in just a bra and cut up light blue jeans because of the heat. Her brown hair is tied in a messy bun of the top of her head. They reach in together and both pull out blue.

Leaving Ophelia, Jason, and Darwin. All three so young. Jason goes first. Nervously picks a blue cube leaving one red cube and one blue cube in the bucket. Fifty fifty chance of dying.

Ophelia and Darwin chooses together and opens their hand together.

The crowd around them gasp of the outcome. Something everyone should have expected to happen sooner or later. Darwin, the youngest person here has to sit and fight for his life. He takes a seat in the blue chair next to Mary. 

"Ok. Let's begin." Wade talks first. "Darwin obviously stays. He's next to the wicked witch of the west. Kane, Tatum, and I are keeping him. We only need two more votes for majority."

"No!" Mary yells. "I have to stay. I'm a mother. Plus there are three kids under fourteen. Only one can win, and you can't put that much pressure for them to choose who. Take him out while you have the chance. Ophelia and Isabella. Both of you already promised to vote for me. You can't win without loyalty."

Ophelia, Kane, Tatum, and Wade votes.  Four votes. Four left.

Darwin usually is tough with this game and is aware of what is going to happen, but it's all caught up to him. He's crying to himself and is not fighting to stay.

Trisha stand in front of her podium. "Mary has a point. He's just going to die to save Kane and Jason anyway. This is the perfect and maybe only time to do this. Take him out or you will leave this game next to him." She votes.

Charlie and Isabella votes without talking to each. Isabella then walks to Jason's podium and helps him with his decision.

All votes are counted. The screen behind Mary and Darwin shows the numbers 5-3.

"If Darwin is gone, don't ever ask me for my vote. He's a kid. Can the people that votes out Darwin please step forward?" Silence. "If I find you it is over for you. I swear to god, I will do what ever in my power to make sure you follow him. Yes. This goes for Ophelia, Isabella, and Trisha."

"It wasn't even me. I saved him." Isabella says.

"I just what this to be over. If this is the end for me, just know that I will miss you." Darwin says.

"I hate this game so much. If I'm gone, at least I can see God. I've waited my whole life as a devout Christian to experience heaven it's self."

Mary's wristband  blinks blue and begins another tragedy. Everyone is now uniform to look away until her body and another podium is lowered. Her screams are muffed by the covering of the ears by everyone. Agony drawn out of her to a motionless copse.
___________________________

Tell me what you think of this chapter. Who is your favorite character and who do you want to have a bigger role? Are you happy about the alliances? Who do you want out of the game.

Don't forget to vote and share.