6. I Volunteer

*unedited*

Everyone is back into their groups. All fazed, but now simi-used to the deaths happening over and over again. Trisha and Mary are now separated with Mary all by herself and Trisha is now working with Hayden. Kane and Darwin are in the seats while Wade is hovering all talking game. Charlie, Jason, and Isabella is back to their corner. Ophelia and Tatum is talking quietly to each other. Both shaking and scared. Hayden and Trisha are discussing their marriage and life before this game but is cut off by Swift Prober's rotating  hologram.

"Now off to round four. This game has been a doozy. Starting with the criminal William leaving us so early. He will be missed, but this is a game. Then we had to say goodbye to Commander Elijah. He was one of our favorites to win. Lost talent, so much potential but taken out so early. Then Rose. Dear ol Rose. So adorable, but had to go to save Tatum. She was so nice to everyone but this isn't the nicest win. You have to be cutthroat to win this game. Hopefully Hayden can be what Rose couldn't. Since this is the final eleven, this round will have nine blue cubes and two red cubes. Who's going to be first to choose."

Ophelia and Tatum goes to the bucket together even though they took this game the worst compared to everyone else. Ophelia pull out a red cube. She starts to scream, but Tatum calms her down. Then Tatum also pulls out a blue cube. Safe for this round. Ophelia on the other hand shakes visibly in her seat.

Then Trisha slowly walks with Hayden to know their fate. Trisha grabs her blue cube but Hayden refuses to pick one.

Darwin goes in and pulls another blue cube.

Then Wade, but Kane is stuck with a red cube. He walks to the red chair next to Ophelia saying no words.

Hayden pulls Kane from his seat viciously and bends down to his face.
"I volunteer to take his spot." He snatches his red cube from his hand. "He will not be sitting here on my watch. I know I can't stop this shit show but I can make it a little easier for you all. Vote me out. I lived a full happy  life and it's time for me to come to an end. Thank you all for those who kept my wife when I didn't. Thank you Trisha for being there for me. And to Ophelia. I'm sorry you have to see this. You don't deserve to leave before an old man who's close to death anyway. Goodluck little Kane. Good bye everyone. Maybe we can reincarnate into friends in the afterlife."

Everyone tears up. Isabella and Charlie are shaking their heads in discomfort. Trish commends and hugs Hayden.

"You are a hero Chenglei. We don't deserve you." Wade says.

"No!" Isabella yells. "Like I said last round. I will not forgive anyone who voted out my father. Ophelia is one of the six people who voted against him. I will not vote out Hayden. You don't deserve to leave next to someone who don't even know their name. She won't make it outside. We don't know anything about her. She's probably a racist murderer and we don't even know."

"I agree." Isabella's best ally Jason says. "Me too." Charlie adds.

"That is true. We know nothing about Ophelia. Who are you?" Wade continues.

Ophelia shakes her head downwards covering her ears. Her long dark hair is covering her entire face hiding her facial expressions.  "I'm not Ophelia! Ophelia was killed. I'm not Ophelia. Ophelia was killed." She repeats over five times. "No. I am Ophelia. I am." She throws back her hair and acts normal.

"I am... Ophelia. I like reading books. Like...a lot. I remember that. And drawing. And....Hot chocolate. I love that stuff. I'm not a bad person, I swear. I made a couple mistakes, but I'm normal."

Wade cuts her off. "What are these mistakes."

"I-I don't remember. I remember an empty room and some dude. We had a long conversation then I passed out. Next thing I remember is waking up here."

Hayden stops here there. "She's not a bad person. Let her stay."

Isabella and Jason both votes the obvious way to keep Hayden. Seven votes left.

Trisha then votes. Six votes left.

"I don't know about you Ophelia. Who is Bethany James and why should you stay over Hayden." Wade steps over to her.

Tatum votes. Five votes left.

"I-I'm Bethany James. I'm two people in one body. We have different memories, but we are the same being. Also I don't deserve to stay over Hayden. I don't deserve to stay over anyone just like everyone else here. Everyone wants to live and this round is easy. He literally wants to leave. Save me. "

Wade votes. Darwin and Kane follows. Two votes left.

Mary and Charlie are left to vote.

"I still don't trust her. If I'm up there next round, you better keep me." Charlie says.

"Me too." Mary adds.

"Ok. I will. Just save me." They both vote. And concludes this round.

The wall behind then has the vote of 6-3. Like most rounds there is a dramatic lag between the revealing of the votes and the death it self. The nine voters all turn their heads to face the walls and not see the shocking. Ophelia confidently turns her head away from Hayden. In an instant the beeping of the wristbands happens. Just like Rose, Hayden gets a short, quick, heavy shock through his wrist. So fast his body couldn't even react. Just dead. At least he can see his wife again.
__________________________
Tell me what you honestly think of this chapter. Who's your favorite character and who do you want out the game?

Don't forget to vote and share.