Ch.13

Catherine's POV

I skated with Robbie for a while. Hes still the same Robbie and I can't help but have feelings for him but... Ever since the masquerade ball I haven't been so in love with him.

It's wierd this guy who i don't even know what he looks like is helping me get over Robbie.

Don't get me wrong Robbie is sweet but I'm starting to accept the inevitable. We can't be together and me and my mystery man can- well i mean once I find him.

When Robbie touched me I still felt the sparks but I am no longer sad that me and him can't be together because there is someone out there for me.

Robbie grabbed my hand and he was spinning me around. I couldn't help but laugh at how corny this all was. Then he gave the look.

You know that look- the one he keeps giving me- the one that no one has ever looked at me like that before. Well ya, he gave me that one an my heart melted. Don't worry I quickly knocked myself back to reality.

I gave him a small smile-it wasn't romantic. It was kinda like the smile I

would give to Logan. It was for a friend. Maybe thats what me and Robbie are meant to be- friends.

Robbie's POV

It was just the way she looked at me. It hurt.

She looked at me like I was nothing more to her than just a friend.

Little does she know she's actually in love with me.

I can't believe that I am helping her move on from me.

I didn't like it.

When I think of Catherine I think of her being this beautiful girl who I am crazy for but it destroys me to think that she doesn't think the same way of me. Well at least not anymore.

Don't get me wrong I'm not regretting kissing at the party, it was seriously the best kiss I had ever experienced. Its just... We aren't us anymore.

We were Robbie and Catherine, technically not to together, but we treated each other with so much love.

Now she was in love with this other guy who she doesn't know is me and well its..... its different now.

For the rest of the party we just chilled together eating chocolate strawberries in the corner. We took some pictures with jared and we had a blast.

At the end of the party, I walked Catherine home. We were talking about life and how i was adjusting to LA.

We couldn't stop talking. Once we got to her house (or should i say mansion) we went around the block about 10 times because we didn't want to stop.

We were enjoying each others company. She told me how everthing was great at home except how Dylan won't let her go to this cafe where all the celebs hang out.

I didn't tell her this but good call on Dyaln's part. I don't want Cat to change shes perfect the way she is.

When we finally decided it was time to go home, I walked her to her door.

"Home sweet Home." She smiled

"It was good to see you." I said her.

Then she looked down at the ground and her face looked really sad.

"Whats wrong?" i asked her

"I miss you." She said looking into my eyes. I let out a sign of relief

"I miss you too Lov."

"Do you think we could be friends?" She asked. My heart sank but then i thought being friends with her is better being nothing to her. I could tell she has accepted that we are what we are, but she didn't want to loose me. I felt the same way, I didn't want to loose her.

"Friends." I put my hand out for her to shake but instead she grabs it and pulls me into a hug.

"Call me in the morning. We can go out to lunch." She smiled while opening the front door. I gave her a quick nod and she closed it.

I walked back to my sisters house thinking about all the fun we had tonight, man those chocolate strawberries were good.