Ch.17

Catherine's POV

For the past dew days I have been hanging out with Joey in secret, I don't really want people to know were back together just yet.

I look in my mirror. I was wearing black tights and a gray sweeter dress. I straightened my hear and just did my make-up.

Todays Thanksgiving. Usually I would fly back to Boston to see my folks but I just wasn't feeling it this year.

Camilla invited me to have dinner with them and the whole Kay family.

Robbie looked embarrassed.

"Ok, don't think of it as I'm bringing you home to meet the parents, well I mean ya there gonna be there but.."

He was trying to convince me that it was totally friendly.

"I would be honored, Peter." And I curtsy'd

He smirked "you haven't called me peter in the longest time." He looked down at the ground.

"I'll see you tomarrow." I said while walking out.

I was ready and walking over there now. Robbie looked very cute in a black sweater.

I made these pumpkin squares with cream cheese frosting. I mean don't mind if I say, but these are freaking amazing.

I get there and Camilla gives me a big hug. Me and her are starting to become friends.

Robbie introduced me to the rest of his family. His dad comes up and I shake his hand.

"So you must be Robbie's girl" he said

"You could say that." I mean were not a couple but no matter how much I beg him to, he refuses to treat me like any other friend.

"He has told me alot about you miss Dimanno."

"Really?" i smiled. I couldn't help but blush alittle.

I talked with his Dad alittle before we sat down and ate.

Then it was time for his mom. If she doesn't like me its gameover. We wouldn't be able to even be just friends. My seat was in between her an Robbie.

"Hi, sweetheart nice to meet you." She said.

"Hi." I gave her a nervous smile.

"Don't be nervous. Robbies already nervous enough for the both of you."

She told me. I giggled.

"Did you know he actually gave me a flashcard saying what to say to you and what not to say to you."

"I'm guessing talking about the flashcard was on the what not to say side." I smile.

"Thats besides the point hun. He really fancies you." She said and putting her hand on top of mine.

"He has told you that we can't be a couple." I want to make sure she doesn't get the wrong idea.

"Yes, he has called and told me all about it. Catherine he considers you family thats how close you two are."

"I'm not going anywhere." I smile.

"Good because we need another girl to keep these boys in line." She laughed.

Robbie comes sits down and says

"What have you two girls been talking about?"

He takes a sip of sparkling cider and I say "oh just the flashcards you gave her."

He chokes alittle on the drink then gives his mother a look.

"What, I like her." She says while putting one arm around me "shes family now and we don't lie in this family."

Robbie took a deep breathe. Then strokes my hair and whispers in a hushed tone "sorry."

I giggle at him "I like your family."

I saw a big wave of relief come over him. Under the table he slips his hand under mine and interlocks our fingers.

I loved when he did that. For once I wasn't focusing on just being friends. I was letting him getting all cutesy and coupley.

The dinner was in full swing when Camilla blurts out,"You better marry her Robbie."

Robbie rolls his eyes.

"I have no doubt about that." Robbie's mom chimes in.

Robbie starts to rub his thumb on the back of my hand trying to comfort me.

"I mean we already started planning. Im thinking a summer wedding." I say dead seriously.

They all look at me for a second, then start bursting out laughing.

Robbie gave me the look.

I was really starting to care for him.

"Oh shes a keeper." His dad said over the laughter.

The rest of the night proceeded normally.

We ate dessert and me and Robbie took ours outside.

We sat on a swing and he told me that my cooking was to die for. He always knows the right thing to say.

"So, I'm sorry about my family."

"Why? I love them." I say

"Don't take anything they say seriously ok.?" He says giving me a small smile.

"Does this mean your calling off the engagement?!" He laughed at me. Then he put his arm around me.

"They seem to really like you." Robbie glances at me.

"Ya... your moms a sweet lady."

"What were you two talking about?" He asked with wonder in his eyes.

"We're getting close right?"

"I guess ya." He smiles

"She told me, she considers me as part of the family because of how much you talk about me."

Robbie leaned forward and puts his head in his hands, "Why would she say that! Ok I know you want to be friends and I'm trying to respect that. Please Cat, please don't let that scare you away." He turns his head over to look at me.

"Actually it doesn't freak me out..."

He looks at me with surprise.

"I feel the same way and I told her that I wasn't going anywhere."

He stands up and starts pacing the floor. Why?

Then he stops and looks at me. He pulls me off the porch swing, picks me up and spins me around.

"Thank god. I knew you were different." He hugs me.

I smile at him. We sit back down.

"So where have you been the past couple days i was starting to think you were avoiding me." He laughs.

I took a deep breathe. "I found him."

"Who?"

"My mystery man."