Chapter 1: The Ancient Legend

It was never to happen. But due to the wicked desire of an evil force, it did.

It began in harmony—when our world was first created by the mythical dragons. They were said to dwell in our universe for only that purpose—to create our world, and their sole duties as its creators would be to work together to keep it in balance for eternity.

But even eternity would not last forever.

The order would soon be broken by an ill will—the will of the Fire Dragon—the will of Rallix.

Though the other three dragons would coexist harmoniously, Rallix would not. He was venomous and disgruntled over his position. He observed what his brethren did for the world. The Water Dragon inhabited the ocean, controlling the waters that covered more than half the planet, the Wind Dragon took to the skies, controlling anything that would take place among the heavens, and the Earth Dragon cultivated the land, creating any landmark that would ever exist. But what could the Fire Dragon do with his power, except destroy?

Nothing.

Rallix wanted more. He demanded more. But the other dragons knew better. They saw the evil that lied behind his deceitful mind, and they denied him any more tasks to uphold the balance of the world, knowing he would only take that chance to devastate it.

And devastate it he did.

Over millions of years, the other dragons continued to guard the Earth, morphing its land, seas, and skies into what they have become today, while Rallix, having little use for his power, was left with the opportune time he needed to quietly build it up to levels that even the other three dragons could not foresee.

And when the time was right, he struck.

Just as the Earth went into its A.D. years, and mankind began to seize its intelligence and learn to take care of its own world, Rallix had finally gained the power he needed to exterminate the rest of his brethren. As this time arrived, and the other three dragons thought their tasks finally done, Rallix seized the opportunity and struck when they least expected it.

With the element of surprise on his side, and his superior strength and power, the other dragons, even with their combined strength, were clearly outmatched. They never stood a chance.

After laying to waste his own brethren, Rallix began his rampage on the rest of the world, seeking out every life form that dwelled on the planet and slaughtering them.

Throughout the centuries, numerous countries were annihilated, and millions of people were eradicated, but it was still not enough. Seeing what his power was capable of triggered something within him: a lust for power and a thirst for destruction. No matter how much devastation was done to any one place, it was never enough; Rallix wanted to destroy the entire world.

Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people of the world could do nothing but live their lives in terror, short though they were. As the centuries passed, everyone's hopes continued to diminish as Rallix drew closer to achieving his sinister goal.

But it couldn't be! No one wanted to believe that this one fell beast would bring about the end of mankind. There had to be a way. They had to fight back!

With those thoughts of perseverance and determination soon instilled in everyone, there soon began a worldwide tradition for men of great valor to be recognized as worthy warriors, otherwise known as Knights. These Knights were the supreme warriors of their territory, and they had only one purpose: to slay Rallix, or as he became known due to his burning ambition for destruction, the Burning Beast.

Soldier after soldier, army after army, the Knights charged into battle to face the Burning Beast. However, strong as their forces were, their confrontations were soon discovered to be made in futility. No matter how severely Rallix was outnumbered, the Knights were even more severely outmatched.