"Demi what are you still doing up? Do you know what time it is?"

Demi only shaking her head as she look over to the clock he hang up on the wall. It read 3 am in the morning. Standing up from the stool as her hand cover her mouth, looking back at her dad with sorry eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize what time it was. I was just playing the piano and I guess I lost track of time. I'm sorry."

She started to play with her sleeve as she walk to him. He only had a sad smile on his face. Standing in front of him as they look into each other's eyes. How much she reminded him of his late wife. He's happy that he still had a small piece of her with him every single day. Hugging her with one arm as they walk to their rooms. They both know what happen back there in the living room as he hope that she would one day go back to playing daily. Yet knowing that it would only happen when she was lost and sad. Kissing the top of her head before going into his room.
Entering her room as she close the door. Rubbing her face with her hand as she change her clothes. Grabbing her pajamas which was only a white t-shirt and pajamas bottom. Grabbing her clothes she took off as she walk out of her room. Walking pass her father's room as she head the T.V. on, with the volume pretty loud. She didn't even need to open the door to know what was happening. Taking a few more steps as she made it to the bathroom. Closing the door as she lay down the clothes on the toilet seat. Rubbing her eyes as she realizes how tired she really is. Rubbing her left eye as she looks into the mirror seeing her reflection. She had a bit of bag under her eyes. They were red from all the tears she wouldn't let escape. Taking a deep breath as she would grab a new toothbrush.
A few minutes later she came out of the bathroom. Passing by her father's room as she no longer heard the T.V. assuming he cried himself to sleep again as she walk to her room. Closing the door as she walk to her bed. Taking off the covers before climbing into her bed. Slipping into the blankets as she lay down. Feeling the warm that the blankets brought her as she feel into a deep sleep.

*Harry*
He had gotten back from the park a few hours ago. He had a bath and put on clean clothes. He had just finished filled a job application for the high school. He was rubbing his chin as he look at his screen. Resting against the chair as his eye were still on the screen. He had just graduated from college in May. He already knew he wanted to be an English teacher as he loves to read and write. Hearing the front door open as he slightly tilted his head to that direction. Hearing the clicks from his girlfriend's high heels. He knew that she went out to get groceries for dinner. Hearing her voice had always made him happy for an unknown reason.

"Harry, where are you?"

Taking a deep breath before answering.

"In my office Kendall."

Moving his chair to face the door. He soon saw her body appear in front of him. Smiling at each other as he stood up. Walking to her as he place a soft kiss on her lips.

"Let's go make dinner."

He said as he look into her eyes. She smile at him as she grab his hand. Walking out of his office as Harry could feel the small box move inside his pocket.

"Did you apply for the English teacher from the school that down the block?"

Harry look at her as she let go of his hand as she walk to the fridge.

"Yeah, it said it would send me an e-mail with a month."

Looking back at him with a raise eyebrow.

"With in a month? School would have started by then."

Harry shrug his shoulders as he only gave her a smile. They took out the supplies from the bags as they began to cook. Harry's eyes would always go to her as he watch her place her long dark hair into a ponytail. He made him feel butterflies whenever he would watch her. They were soon placing the plates on the table as Harry went to go get a bottle of champagne he had bought earlier. Walking back to the dinner table as Kendall raise her eyebrow at him.

"Champagne?"

Harry smile at her as he answered her.

"Yes champagne."

He open the bottle as he pour equal amounts into their cups. Sitting down in his chair as he look at her. The only thing that went threw his mind was how did he get so lucky. Deciding that this was the moment, he grab her soft and caring hand.

"Kendall, I have to tell you something important."

Looking at him with a raise eyebrow as she turn her small frame to him.

"Okay. What is it?"

Licking his dry lips as he look into her eyes.

"It's been 5 wonderful years since we have both laid eyes on each other since that party we attended on our freshman year of college. I could never forget it. It was animal theme and you were wearing bunny ears with your beautiful smile. Right then I knew I had to meet you. Then we become close until I finally had the guts to ask you out. You said yes, I was smiling for days. No months and I haven't stop since. You could make that smile eternal if you say yes."

Getting up from his chair while bring her along too. Looking into her eyes as he took out the box from his pocket. Getting down on one knee as he open the small box that held the beautiful diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?"

He watch as she covers her mouth with her hand. Her eyes would go to the ring to his eyes. She nods her head saying yes as she finally found the air in her lungs.

"Yes. A million times yes."

Harry's smile grew as he took out the ring from the box. Placing it on her finger before laying a soft kiss on her lips. Hugging each other as he could only hope for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you could only be surrounded by your love one. It gives you absolute happiness as we smile from ear to ear, we often forget that there somebody out there fighting their own demons. No ones ever wonder if they are going to make it.
Nobody does

9/13/16