Chapter 2- Demon

Jace's POV-

After I told Clary how I felt, it was as though a stone was lifted off my chest. I really truly loved her. We spent the rest of the night talking. She did most of the talking, I just layed there looking at her. She fell asleep curled up against me. God she was cute when she slept. I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to a banging coming down the hallway. I slowly slid out from besides Clary and let her sleep. I opened my door to see Max, the youngest of the Lightwoods running down the hallway caring a box full of crap.

"Damn it Max, be quiet! People are trying to sleep." I shouted at him.

"Sorry!" he replied as he rounded the corner and he was gone. What the hell what he doing with that crap. I walked back into my room to see Clary sitting up looking at me.

"Oh sorry did I wake you?" I asked walking towards the bed.

"No its fine. I was awake. What was that banging?" Clary asked. She looked at me with her beautiful eyes that were beautiful and doe like.

"Oh it was just Max, he was running down the hall with a bunch of crap" I replied.

"Oh ok." she replied. She stood up came towards me, and kissed me.

"I need to go take a shower and clean up, I'm a mess" she said examining herself. Right as she was about to walk out i grabbed her from behind, shut the door, and kissed her. We stood there for a second, just kissing. She pulled away and gave me a hug.

"I love you" she whispered in my ear.

"I love you to" I said back. She gave me one more quick kiss then walked out the door.

I layed back down on my bed and thought about last night.

Clary's POV-

After I left Jace's room I walked quickly back to mine. I didn't want anyone to be suspicious. Once I got back to my bedroom I wen't to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I leaned against the wall and slid to the grownd. What had just happened? I asked myself. Okay, Jace loves me. He kissed me. I slept next to him, practically on top of him. He asked me to be his. I said yes. Does that mean we were dating? I think so.

I hopped in the shower, just standing there for a while, letting the room fill up with steam. Once I was done in the shower, I wrapped my body in a towel and walked back into my room. I pulled on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I brushed my teeth and hair, leaving it wet. Just as I was about to walk out my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Clary! I don't know where you are but you need to get your ass down to the library. There's a demon somewhere on the east side of town. We need to get down there and you need training. Get dressed and get down here!" Isabel screamed into the phone. As I was about to respond the phone call ended.

Okay then. I ran to my closet and pulled out some dark skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, a black leatherish jacket, and some black high heels. I looked at myself in the mirror. Not bad not bad. I thought to myself. I grabbed my phone and was out the door.

By the time I reached the library everyone was there. As in everyone I mean Alec, Isabel, Magnus, and Jace. I walked over to where they were standing and stood next to Jace. Isabel was talking.

"Are you sure you want to come?" Jace asked in a protective voice.

"Yea I'm sure" I replied.

After Isabel was done talking we all headed out the door. We went down to the subway and on to the train. Once we arrived, we exited the subway and walked down a what seemed to be abandoned street. We came upon an old rundown hotel. Alec was the first to go up and open the door. Everyone has their weapons out and ready. We entered the hotel to hear a clanging. Something jumped out in front of us. It was a huge, black demon with red eyes and claws that looked like they could belong to a dinosaur. Isabel stepped out and hit it with her whip. It screeched and charged forward. Alec jumped out in from and slashed it with his sword. It screeched again and recoiled, vanishing.

"Where the hell did it go?" Magnus asked.

"It was too badly injured and probably went back to where it came from." Jace said. I'm surprised. He didn't even attack it. He had just stayed back by me, protecting me.

"Why would it be hiding here." I asked.

"I don't know but I say we should have a look around. Jace and Clary, do you want to take the upstairs and us three will look downstairs." Isabel asked, giving Jace a sort of wink. What was that for? why did she wink?

"Yea that sounds good" Jace replied, heading towards the stairs. I followed. Once we got upstairs and were sure we were alone, Jace started talking.

"Ok, I say we take a look around and if we don't find anything, meet back up with the other 3."

"yea that sounds good" I replied.

"But first..." he sad, pulling me into an abandoned room. He pulled me close and kissed me.

"I just needed to do that." he said as he pulled away.

We looked around for a while, not finding anything out of the ordinary. As We were about to go downstairs we heard a blood curdling scream.