Chapter Eighteen

The day seemed to inch along like a slug. After meeting for lunch, Alois took Ciel by the hand and dragged him to his study. Ciel urged you to follow, though Alois seemed not too happy about it. In the meanwhile, neither did Sebastian, or Claude for that matter.

"We have much to discuss Ciel! Are you ready?" Alois spoke cheerfully, which sort of ticked you off, yet Ciel let it show more. "And just what is there to discuss, Trancy?"

"Well, those cases you've been working on is one~ But I want to talk about her."

Ciel's eyes widened. "If you want her you can have her. I have no use for her whatsoever." Your eyes darted to Ciel, who ignored them. Knots formed in your stomach and throat, and as you began to say something, you croaked. Ciel gave you a look, then gestured to your cup of tea. Regrettably, you took a sip of the still hot tea.

Alois tried to hold back a giggle. "She's cute, I'll tell you that. I can't wait to make her mine... when do you think we will marry, Ciel?"

Ciel sat back lazily in his chair. "Whenever you want, Alois. I have no say in what's yours. You know that all too well." Alois nodded. "It's true... but the same rule goes for me if I was in your home!"

Alois was beginning to sound like a kinder-gardener, who'd just repeat whatever was said to get a better understanding of it. Watching him, you thought. What of his parents? Are they out at the moment?  Your mind began to race until Ciel tapped your shoulder. "You look worried."

You eyed him for a second, staying deathly quiet. "I have nothing to say to you." Ciel seemed taken aback. "Fine by me. I've done nothing to you."

You bit your lip. That's what you think. 

...

Sebastian's POV
===

"It's the Raven Butler... how revolting. Doesn't poor Ciel know that crows and ravens only eat the flowers in the gardens? I'm surprised he even lets you tend to them." Claude boasted to me. It hasn't even been an hour and he was hitting every nerve right where it was needed. He'd been doing this all day, verbally or physically, so I decided I'd give him some of my mind as our masters disappeared up the stairs. 

"Such a terrible sight. Spiders infesting the entire manor. Tsk, someone should clean these up. What if their eggs get into the food? Or the webs create an allergy for my Young Master...? You do know he has asthma, correct? Perhaps you should dust your corners better, and take the time to manage your work space. Of course... the only thing you work on is ways to make me angry, and while its a bad thing to work on while our Masters are present, I won't stop you. Your 'ideas' aren't working on me, Claude."

This seemed to anger him. "Michaelis."

I only smirked, going off behind to him the kitchen to help prepare dinner. "Faustus."

...

Your POV
===

"Why won't you speak to me, ________? What have I done to make you angry? M'Lady, please, answer me."

You folded your arms, keeping your mouth shut. He was giving you away, even after pledging that he'd keep watch over you since the whole 'Daniel' incident.

"M'Lady ________. Answer me please." He insisted. After waiting a couple seconds for you to answer, he yanked you to a wall, pushing you against it. Your eyes widened, watching his brows narrow, making a frown at you. "How am I supposed to know you're okay if you don't answer me!? Tell me that!"

You bit your lip, then looked away for a second. Your lip popped from under your teeth as you turned to face him. "You're giving me away to that child."

Ciel watched you, his expression unchanging. "Where's this coming from?"

"You talked about it so openly with him. You pledged to keep me safe, and now you're giving me away to someone who could be more dangerous than your servants!" You shut your mouth, realizing you'd said so much.

Seconds passed. Ciel watched you, his brows flexing from furrowed to curled into a frown, to neutral and back. 

Then his lips were on yours. They were soft, supple, sweet from the snack at lunch, and perfect in every way. His hands trailed to your cheeks, where he kept you close, continuing to kiss you until you insisted to pull away. Yet... you couldn't. You fell into an abyss. His lips were like a haven you never wanted to escape from... yet despite wanting to relish in the moment, you remembered him confessing why his eye was covered, and why Sebastian was Sebastian. It gave you a scare when you first heard Sebastian was a demon, and furthermore, that Sebastian was willing to bind you to the contract intact with Ciel. Just the thought of the fact that when Ciel was done with life, you would be too, was just nerve wracking. You jolted away, and Ciel gave a confused look. "I'm sorry. I should have asked first... Come. We're losing Trancy."

You nodded, going to follow him, your cheeks flushed. Ciel halted for a minute, waiting for you to catch up, then grabbed your hand, dragging you along.

...

"There you are! We get to see our butlers fight! How exciting!" Alois chirped. His voice got more annoying every time you heard it. You looked out the window, seeing Sebastian staring hatefully at Claude, who smirked about as jolly and wide and bright as Alois' whole personality. And that's really a compliment to Claude's smile.

Your placed your hand on the window. "What are the terms to this fight?" You asked almost sternly. When you turned, Ciel was watching you, as if you weren't supposed to speak. But, again, Alois answered. "Well, it's simple really. Whichever butler wins, gets the Lady for their manor." He giggled. You nodded, looking back out the window. Sebastian looked up at you, waved and bowed. Ciel came to stand next to you, eyeing Sebastian harshly. Sebastian stared for a while before smiling and giving another bow. "Yes of course, M'Lady!" He called out, smirking.

You paused, backing up. "I didn't..."

Ciel smiled, hugging you close, and rubbing a thumb over your shoulder, which now hurt every time he did so.

When you looked, your shoulder had brand new purple inking, matching the same symbol that was embedded into Ciel's eye. Under it, read: Lady Phantomhive.

You thought about the change for a minute, then remembered the fight, pondering the entire situation as the fight began.