Chapter Sixteen

"Good Morning Master, Mistress..." Sebastian called, waking you both with a draw of the curtains. Bright light poured into the room, hitting both you and Ciel in the eyes. Ciel growled toward the light. "It's 7 AM already, hm?" He sat up, and looked over at you, who was trying to hide under the blankets, away from the light. "Mistress ______? Come... wake up." Hearing him call you such a thing made you blush. You got up at his word. "Is it not early?" Sebastian chuckled, handing you a necklace. "Ah, but a Master's work begins early, does it not. A token, from our Young Master. A locket, keep it safe." You took the locket and opened it, a picture of you and Ciel eating tarts on the inside. You blinked at the picture and smiled, putting the necklace around your neck. When you looked over, Ciel was already dressed, ready for the day. "Now, Mistress." You turned, seeing Sebastian, eying you like a dog. "Excuse my touch."

...

You and Ciel walked arm and arm toward the dining hall, both of you hungry for breakfast. On the way, you were both stopped.

"Excuse my Master! He's been waiting for your arrival to breakfast, Master Ciel." Agni sighed.

Prince Soma. A bright, yet sadly dim purple haired romantic with the mind of a child. You've seen him only once before and really that was all you needed to realize how Ciel felt toward him.

"Ah...right.. I suppose I should hurry then... come now ______... breakfast awaits."

After breakfast, Ciel grabbed your hand from under the table, and gave you a smile. He continued to pay attention to Soma and Agni, but kept contact with you.

Your face felt hot, causing you to gulp. A small sigh came from him, causing you to jolt a little.

"So _______!" Soma called.

"Y-Yes, Prince Soma?"

"When did you and Ciel become friends, hm?" He slowly made his way toward Ciel, who bent back in reply to his motions. "...Last I checked, I was Ciel's best friend."

You sunk in your seat, slightly whimpering. Ciel grit his teeth. "Who are you to question how I live my life, Prince!? I didn't have to help you, and let you stay with me when that woman you sought after denied you! I don't have to feed you, I don't have to house you, I don't have to be--..."

You tugged Ciel. He was going a tad bit too far with his complaining. He's barely realized he'd made the Prince cry.

"W-Well... If that is how you feel Ciel, then...."

He rushes over to your side and snatches you away from him like a plush doll. "_________ is my new best friend! Besides," he sniffled. "She's way prettier than you, has bigger (eye color) eyes than you, and 'oh look'! Manners!" He cuddled you protectively, and all you could do was dangle from his grasp, slowly turning purple.

"...n-need... Air.... P-please... S-Soma... Air...!"

The Prince looked down at you and squeaked, holding you up like a baby. "Apologies, best friend."

He then put you down and pet your head. You blinked twice, holding your head.

"Come Agni! Into town." Soma called, beginning to leave the dining room. Agni followed, after giving a sorry look to Ciel, who was fuming.

And for the rest of the week, the two bickered about everything.

Tea. Snacks. Bedtimes. Work times. Times to go into town... best friends....

And by the weeks end, you were done with it. You were determined to put it to rest.