Chapter One

The Earl helped you into his carriage, sitting you across from him. He sat with his cane on his left, looking distantly out the window. You wanted to look into his eyes and wonder why this bluenette looked so distant, but the words wouldn't form.

"Is there something wrong? You're staring." Ciel spoke, his left brow raised in confusion. You blinked, his words bringing you to reality. Having him stare at you waiting for an answer made you want to squirm. His gaze was calm and collected, but then again rage-filled and unapologetic.

Instead, you turned your head away in reply.

He blinked and shrugged it off, turning his head back toward the window. "Would you like anything before we go to my manor?" He asked softly, casting a glance at you. Your (eye color) eyes looked dead at him.

With a quiver of your lip, you opened your mouth, letting out your silky voice.

"I-I do not believe so..." You replied. The earl nearly jumped to his feet in surprise. "Oh, you finally talk... I believe I said I would have my maid dress you appropriately." He raised his cane, beating it on the roof of his carriage. "Sebastian," He spoke a little loud to ensure his butler could hear. "... Stop by the market by the bridge before the country. We need to give our lady a dress."

You could hear a small reply of 'Yes, My Lord' before the carriage slightly sped up, making you nearly jolt forward. Ciel looked over at you. "Excuse me... Now that you'd begun to talk, shall we begin with an introduction?" Your head swung over to look at him, your (hair length), (hair color) hair having to be brushed from your face. The Earl gave a fake smile. "I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive, Son of Vincent, and head of the Funtom Toy Company." His hand began to move over the other, making your eyes follow to see him stroking a ring with a beautiful blue gem.

You thought you'd ask about the ring later.

Ciel blinked at you and tilted his head. "What about you? Tell me your name." Your eyes flicked up to him as you gave a soft nod. "M-My name is ________. I'm not sure who my father is anymore... He's a very cold and changed man... I've heard from my grandmother that he killed my mother after childbirth, saying he only needed one queen in his life. I-I just... W-why would he kill my mother?" Tears began to form in your eyes, slightly beading from your lids. Ciel noticed this and handed you his handkerchief. "Wipe your eyes... You're away from him, no need to cry." He looked away. "I've been in a sort of similar situation. Only I lost both of my parents."

Your eyes shot up at him. How horrible for such a boy to live without parents. You wanted to hug him tight, tell him 'It's okay... You can get through this', but you just couldn't find the strength to reach for him.

The carriage suddenly jolted to a stop. Ciel looked out the window. "Only halfway home now." The door slowly opened, revealing a bowing butler. "We have arrived, Young Master." Ciel nodded and stood, taking your hand. This made you blush thinly. He pulled you to the front, allowing you out first. Sebastian softly grabbed your hand in trade. As you walked down, Sebastian's hand left yours, reaching for his master's. You looked around the small market, seeing a couple of umbrellas that under them, held elegant dresses. You scanned around some more, noticing the Earl step beside you. "Go ahead. Pick one and I'll buy it."

After finding a dress that was white in color, with black stitching and small black roses, Ciel helped you into the carriage and soon you were all on your way to the manor.

...

"Oh Ciel!!! You made it back home, Welcome back!!!" A squeaky girl called, rushing the Earl. He looked a bit surprised at her rush toward him. Are they related?

Sebastian notices a small twitch of your eye and bent over to whisper in your ear with a chuckle. "That is the Lady Elizabeth. My Young Master's Cousin and Fiancé." Your (eye color) eyes grew wide at the butler's sudden words. "T-They're... Betr-..." You shook your head and smiled faintly. "T-Thats... Okay... I hope they live a long life full of adventure and excitement." You giggled a bit at how softly you spoke.

"Oh, who's she Ciel?" Elizabeth peered over his shoulder to you, her green orbs searching you before pausing at the sight of your (eye color) colored eyes. Ciel looked back and nodded. "Oh right... Ahem... This is ________, The daughter of the man who used to own the diamond trade in the Underground." He lifted his chin. "She was in a cage right in the middle of town square, her father trying to sell her off... I've been nice so far... But something makes me think she's a spy."

Your eyes grew wide at his words. "M-Me? A-a spy? I-I couldn't... I have not even a weapon on me..." Ciel stared intently at you. "We'll see... Sebastian. Take her to Mei-Rin... Have her bathe and change the lady and please, help Bardroy prepare for dinner... I don't want my manor to burn down again."

Sebastian walked to your side and slightly bowed, a hand over his heart. "Of course, My Young Lord."

...

You lay in the bathtub, nearly turning the water a murky brown. Luckily, you weren't as dirty as you appeared in those rags, but Mei-Rin still scrubbed you hard enough to try and keep you clean. "Sorry for the harshness m'lady... I can't see too well without me glasses... And the Master expects me to remove them when around water... Truly sorry, yes I am..." She mumbled. You couldn't help but giggle. Mei-Rin was the most adorable person ever. "It's alright, really... I don't mind it..." You spoke softly and gently to the girl, as if even trying to be loud would hurt her ears. Mei-Rin smiled. "You're so kind, milady..." She smiled. "Now close your eyes... Time to rinse your hair..."

...

After being washed and dried, Mei-Rin took you over to a mirror, where she then began to dress you. She had you hold your hair up while she slid the dress on, trying to keep it from getting wet. After getting the dress on, Mei-Rin walked you over to a dresser and began to style your hair. She dried it and brushed it out, putting it in a bun at the back and wrapping it in a black and white bow. She curled your bangs inward a bit and kept a long strand of your hair down by your left ear. "Oh, the Master would be thrilled when he sees you, yes he will!"

...

"Goodbye Lady Elizabeth, I will see you and the lady in the morrow." Ciel smiled to his betroved, watching as a carriage took her beyond the brush that surrounded his manor. Ciel looked up to Sebastian, who seemed to have began to head back inside. "Are you coming Young Master?" He looked back briefly. "It will rain soon as you said. Let us get inside before you are soaked and sick." Ciel nodded. "Right." He folded his arms behind his back and walked inside, Sebastian watching him with intent. "W-watch where you step, Master." Ciel paused and looked to him. "Where I step...?" He looked forward and froze, suddenly falling to the ground with you atop him, both of you holding your foreheads. "Ow..." The two of you said collectively. Sebastian chuckled lightly and helped you off the earl, then helped the earl to his feet, brushing dirt from the both of you. Ciel sighed and looked up at you, giving another fake smile. "Alright. Let's sit at the table inside... There we can get dinner and finish our introduction."

...

After eating your meal, you folded your arms in your lap, patiently waiting for the Earl to finish. Once he did, he looked to you, his hands under his chin with a small cock of his head. The bluenette seemed to be a bit impatient. "What do you wait for, milady? Why don't you tell me about you and how you ended up in that cage?" This made you jump, the thought crushing your soul to shreds. Sebastian, who was serving tea, seemed to have looked over at you as you jumped, chuckling a bit. "I-I... I was adopted by him... I was never his daughter in his eyes. I was a thingy, a toy, a pet... I never talked to the man because I didn't know him and he used to beat me for it... He would shout and scream and throw things at me to at least say 'Ow', but I said nothing and accepted my bruises..." You paused, holding back tears with the bit of your lip. "I never want to see that man again... Never..." You nodded firmly, looking down into your lap, not strong enough to even dare to look the Earl in the eye. A familiar cloth was slid across the table to you. "Wipe your eyes... All will be okay... You can get through this..." Your eyes widen. "I-I..." Sebastian bowed between you two. "Terribly sorry to interrupt... Young Master, you have a letter from the Queen marked 'URGENT'." Ciel nodded. "Sorry... This will have to wait." He slowly opened the envelope, beginning to read over it. "We have to travel tomorrow." You blinked. "Where?"

Ciel smiled devilishly. "The Underground."