Chapter Four

Gathering in the carriage, Ciel began to mumble and collect his thoughts. You arched a brow as you took your seat, wondering what he would be thinking of. From what you saw of the records, there was nothing to gather from what the Yard had finished so far. It seemed as if they'd just copied the steps you and Ciel took to be in the same boat.

But Ciel was about to make a huge move.

He blinked up and tilted his head a bit. "Why do you insist on staring at me?" He questioned. He arched a brow, just to be cocky. "Is there something... Wrong?" He leaned to the window a bit, raising his cane to point at her. "I see your blush." You began to squeak, feeling your hot cheeks. "W-what exactly are you thinking about, Phantomhive?" He blinks and looks over, grinning evily. He tapped his cane against the roof of the carriage. "Sebastian, take us home to gather some more formal clothing. Once we're there, have Bardroy and Finnian feed the horses, but don't stable them. Not yet."

After a moment, the carriage began to rock and pull off, leaving you to wonder what he was planning.

...

"Oh boy! It's time to dress up the lady!" Finnian exclaimed. "What are ya gonna dress her up in, Mei-Rin?" You looked up to the woman, then to the male, then back to the woman. "Well, the Master said something formal... So why not her mourning dress?" You blinked. "Why would I wear a mourning dress?" Mei-Rin giggles. "Miss, that dress goes beautifully with your (eye color) eyes!" You sighed. She was doing nothing to tell you what was going on. You thought about the possibility of her being ordered not to tell, but what's so big that she couldn't tell you?

"Come Miss... The changing room is ready." Mei-Rin giggles. You nod and stand, taking her hand and letting her lead you down the long hall.

...

"Hold still Miss... This will hurt a little, yes it will..." Mei-Rin pleaded. "Hold on a little longer." Your teeth began to clamp together harshly, gritting themselves in pain. "Ow! Mei-Rin, e-ease up!" She shakes her head. "I cannot... It won't fit that way." You began to whine. "C-Come on now Mei-Rin, d-do me a favor...?" She shakes her head once more. "Almost done. You won't suffer much longer."

...

"I feel miserable." You exclaimed, standing like a stiff, stuffed doll. Mei-Rin smiled, giggling soft apology. "My apologies, Miss, but it was the only way I could get you to put on the corset..." Ciel happened to come down the stairs at this time. "A corset you say?" He chuckled a bit, before returning to his rugged and rude demeanor. "Those things aren't a force to reckon with in the slightest." You looked up to him, slightly tilting your head. "How would you know?" He raised a brow in indifference. "Simple... But that's none of your concern." You sighed. He dodged another bullet. "Okay... Well then where exactly are we going, Earl?" He sighed as he reached the bottom of the stairs. "You have tons of questions bottled up inside, don't you?" He sighed. "If you must know, we're going to the woman's funeral. Its only respectful." You blinked and nodded. You felt stupid not even thinking there was going to be a service held for the woman's passing. "We're going to see the suspect." You jumped from your thoughts, looking over to him. "Why would the suspect be there? Wouldn't they go into hiding?" He groans. "You can ask the questions later. Let's go." Sebastian chuckled and followed his Master out the door, Mei-Rin following suit and leading you to the carriage.

...

The three of you stood on a small incline beside a tree, not far from the group of mourning. "...May her body rest in peace, she will not be forgotten." You blinked, hearing a man begin to wail loudly, like a baby. "Oh! Its too much!" You sighed. Deep down, you felt regret for wanting to leave, but at the same time, you wanted to rush toward the carriage to hide oncoming tears for a woman you didn't even have knowledge of. Sebastian quirked a brow as a beastly looking woman walked past, accompanied by a scrawny man. The woman was holding a picture. In the frame, a photo of the man who mourned before his wife's shoe, and someone who you guessed to be his wife. Ciel grunted as she passed, watching closely to what the woman would do. Sebastian seemed to have his scarlet eyes glued as well. You followed suit, watching the woman's actions. "I'm sorry for your loss..." The woman spoke, handing the man the frame that held the picture of him and his wife. The man began to shiver in another eruption of tears, resulting in him dropping the picture, the glass in the frame shattering. You bit your lip and lowered your head, sighing softly. "Poor man." Sebastian looked back at you briefly. "You most certainly know how it feels, correct?" You blinked up at him, gritting your teeth. "Way to bring that back, Sebastian." He smirked. Ciel grumbles, irritated. "You, follow the woman." Both of you paused, giving him a confused look. "Me, Master?" Sebastian questioned. Ciel shook his head. "I need someone to drive the carriage back home. We will retrieve you later, Miss ______." He turned swiftly and began to walk toward the carriage. Somehow this made your heart flutter. Sebastian chuckled and placed a hand on your shoulder. "Don't fail the Young Master. He wants to hurriedly finish this mission, then figure out what to do with you..."