Chapter Eight

(I may turn the story a bit to fit my idea! Sorry if things change in the middle!)

"We should head toward the docks; see if there are any peculiar people around there." Ciel nodded as he sipped his tea. He was dressed in a white polo shirt with a blue tie, and a sort of captain's jacket with a collar. Something unusual for a Victorian Earl. (Refer to picture - WARNING Harsh Language) "____, you'll be staying here and collecting supplies with Mey-Rin." You nodded softly, looking to be disappointed. Ciel seemed to catch it. "Lady, excuse me, but I'd prefer it if you weren't hurt." You looked to him and nodded again. "I've got it, Lord."

Sebastian seemed to shoot daggers at you. "I feel the Lady is opposed to the idea." Ciel nods. "She can deal with it." Your cheeks grew red, a vein slightly bulging on your forehead. "Mmph." You could hear Sebastian chuckle. "Lady, its not good to frown, you'll get wrinkles." You darted your eyes from him. "You'll hurt your cheeks if you smile too much as well, Sebastian." He began to frown. Ciel hid behind a letter and chuckled.

...

(Ciel's POV)

"Sebastian... About earlier... With me calling off the marriage... Was that the right thing to do?" I asked, running a couple fingers over my ring, staring my sapphire orb into its sapphire gem. I could hear him walk to my side, pouring another cup of tea.

Remembering tea, I could hear _____ downstairs laughing with the gang. She must really like it here. "I cannot make your choices for you, Young Master. You must decide for yourself. It will never differ for when and if I find out the way you became a demon. I am still your able Butler, I can but only give you advice, if you shall have it."

He handed me my cup of tea, but I refused. I couldn't think about tea. I was thinking about ____ and her (hair color) locks, her sweet, silky voice, her luscious (favorite flower) scent. It didn't seem right. She saved me that day and since then, I've changed. Sebastian has to have noticed it as well.

My eye patch fell from my eye and onto my lap. I looked up for assistance, but Sebastian had already gone. So be it. I put the black cloth on my desk and stared out the window. A storm looked to be rolling in. Just what the day needed. Rain. Whenever it rained, everyone would get really upset.. Including...

I turned away from the window. "Don't think about it, just... Tell her." I took a deep breath, reaching for the Bell to call Sebastian. "You can do it Ciel..." A knock came at my door. I blinked, closing my eye and looking up. "Enter." Sebastian pushed the door open. "I can hear you Young Master... Try closing your eye when talking about something so... Personal." My lips twitched, wanting badly to say something. "Tie it back on, then go get the lady." He bowed. "Yes, My Young Master." After tying the patch back on, he nodded, and went to retrieve the Lady I yearn for.

(Your POV)

You sat in the kitchen with the four servants, giggling at their little squabble over the leftover tea. Sebastian walked in the room, slightly surprised they were there. "Lady, the Master would like to see you." You blinked at him, along with everyone else, and left the room, following Sebastian up the stairs to Ciel's study. Once you were there, Sebastian left you with a bow after knocking on the door. You heard a soft grunt, then "Enter".

Walking into the study, you kept your arms behind your back, almost nervous about what he had to say. "______, sit." You quirked a brow. Now I'M the dog? You took a seat in
chair in front of his desk, noticing a chessboard and pieces, some already in place. "I have a proposition for you." He slightly grinned, arranging the leftover chess pieces. "I win, and you be my Lady Phantomhive..." He paused, his cheeks lightly pink. "... For the mission. Excuse me, Sebastian's tea was a bit hot today." You nodded, but thought that was a quick excuse. "If you win, I'll give you your birthday present early." You blinked. "You know my birthday, Lord Phantomhive?" He nods. "I've done research on you." In your head, you could see Sebastian cursing to himself whilst being surrounded by books. A grin curled your lips. "Deal."

...

An hour of long and hard thinking passed, growing tension leaving an uneasy strain of concentration between the two of you. Your eyes widened in revelation. You had one good move that would win for sure. But Ciel was also in that position, on his turn. He hovered over his winning piece, then double guessed himself, reaching for the other. He grumbled and moved back to his winning piece, destroying your chance of winning. You let out a soft sigh of defeat. "You win Phantomhive." He sat up triumphantly. "What else would you expect from the King of Games?" He said cockily. "Now, for my end of the deal."

His small smirk returned to a frown. "I'll need you to wear this." He pulled out a drawer and dug into it, picking up a long box. He pushed it over to you, motioning for you to open it. "I'll tell you when to return it to me. I couldn't care less if you kept it though." He nodded softly, before taking his seat. You slowly opened the box, marvelling at the silver necklace with blue diamond charms, similar to Ciel's ring. You plucked the necklace from the box before looking to Ciel, who was running a finger over his eye patch. "Earl... Are you sure of this? Apologies, I-I meant... Y-You're giving something this priceless to a girl you found ragged on the street! I don't deserve this!" He just stared, giving you a strange stare. He then stood and took the necklace, walking behind you. "Pardon my touch..." He said softly as he moved your (hair length) hair over your right shoulder, before draping the necklace over your collar and buckle it behind you. "It fits perfectly." He sighed, almost... Happily. You could feel his breath on your left ear as he spoke. "Mrs. Ciel Phantomhive. That's what you shall go by." He mused as he returned to his seat. "I'm holding a ball in your honor tomorrow night. Then after the ball, we will begin our mission. If you don't like my gift of a necklace by then, I'll take it back..." He paused, his cheeks glowing somewhat pink.

"But consider it a gift from me... For saving my life."