Chapter Eleven

Haze did nothing but fill your view, as if you'd been blindly drunk, walking around and giggling like a mad man. The feeling of dizziness overtook you as well, but for nothing more than two minutes at a time. Every time even a glimpse of light would reach your eyes, you'd flinch, seeing nothing but a dream.

The ring, his smile, your tears...

His kiss...

None of it... Real... The lips you felt on own, in reality were your lips to a pillow, and the hand you were holding, your own. "I'm such an idiot," you begin to complain. "Why the heck would a PHANTOMHIVE like me!?" You quickly sat up, (eye color) eyes filled with rage. You threw your pillow at the wall, hugging yourself into your knees.

A small knock came to your guestroom door. "E-Enter." You snuggled into your knees more, hiding falling tears. "Lady? Are you alright?" a Sapphire orb stared into you from across the room, the concern in them striking you like daggers. "Lady _____? Are you alright? " The voice repeated.

"... Lord Phantomhive... W-why did you save me that day?" You asked softly.

"Save you? Your father was a criminal. It surprised me to see you in a cage because... Well..." He paused, slowly walking into the room and sitting on the side of the bed closer to you. "You can't tell anyone I showed you this, alright?" You looked up, wiping your eyes from tears. A sight nod was given to him as well.

"C-Cross my heart."

His hands moved up, to the back of his head. You leaned a little to see his pulling a knot apart. Slowly, he removed the small black cloth and turned to you, one eye closed. "Promise not to go mad." You nodded, wishing desperately for him to continue. Under the patch, you always thought there held a scar, but the areas around his eye were completely fine. He nodded once to you then opened his eye.

Inside the purple iris was a pentagram, seemingly shining bright. You could do nothing but stare. His eye trembled a bit with a hint of fear. "D-don't just sit there... Say something.." He begged. You gulped and began. "Your eye is beautiful. Not a blemish on your skin at all. Although... The figure inside your eye is what concerns me. What exactly happened to you?" He half-smiled, glad you began to speak. "When I was younger, my parents... Perished in a fire. I was taken to a cult, where they treated me like a striking dummy. Whips, knives... Branders..." At his last word his voice cracked. He looked away to try and hide it. The look on his face while he explained his situation made you feel horrible.

So you reached out and hugged him tight.

"Listen to me Phantomhive. If you don't want to say anything, its fine. I know losing your parents must have been hard... But you have to promise me you won't go mad." He froze, lifting his head, a hand moving to grab your own from his abdomen. The feeling of his hand made you smile. "Can you promise me that...?" You smiled, giving him a small squeeze. He looked to your hand and squeezed it a little before nodding. "I won't. I promise."

...

"..._-_____! La... Wake up!" A squeaky male voice called. "Come, I was ordered to usher you and the Young Master under the manor!" Your eyes shot open. "What's going on?" You rubbed your eyes enough to see a panicking Finnian. "The manor us under attack. Please, come with me."