Chapter Six

You felt a small shake at your side, then felt sunlight hit your closed eyelids. You groaned and pulled a pillow from under your head, covering your eyes. A chuckle came from near your rightside. "Lady, it is time to wake up. The Master has a full day planned." You turned, groaning. "I don't... Wanna... Get up... S-Sebas... B-Bastian..." You turned over again, covering yourself in blankets. Sebastian chuckled and yanked the blankets off, giving a smirk as he watched you squirm for them. Finally you gave up and stared at him almost devilishly. "You little fu-"

"Now now lady, Mey-Rin is ill this morn, so I am afraid I will have to bathe and dress you." He took out a long, thick cloth and smiled. "Shall we begin?" You tensed a bit, the thought of Sebastian even touching you making you feel uneasy. You nodded softly and took his hand as he helped you out of bed, tied the cloth around his head, and led you to the bathing room.

...

Big Ben struck 12pm above your heads, sending a tremble through the streets as the massive grandfather clock rang. You began to giggle, feeling almost like a kid again. Ciel looked at you and blinked, arching a brow. "What's so funny?" You grinned, your hands slightly slapping his shoulders. "Lighten up, Phantomhive... It's a wonderful day! Come enjoy it with me!" He sighed and looked away, not daring to meet your (eye color) eyes. You grinned and walked around him, grabbing his head, forcing him to look at you. You giggled as he yanked away. "Are you mad? Don't do that..." You smiled, shrugging. "Oops."

Sebastian smiled. "I believe the lady is correct Master... You should spend some fun quality time with your long term guest." Ciel groaned. "Of course you would say that..." He mumbled. He looked to you and shyly grabbed your hand. "Let's grab a scone. How would you like yours decorated?" You looked to him, smiling wide. "Chocolate shavings, cream and strawberries!" He smirked. "Alright, let's go then." You giggled, grasping his hand, your finger sliding under his ring, making him tense and snatch his hand away, offering his arm instead.

Sebastian chuckled.

...

"Whoa! That's amazingly delicious!" You smiled, looking over to see Ciel take a bite, then taking a napkin to wipe whipped cream from Ciel's nose. "Messy Eater." You giggled. Ciel scoffed and took another bite, smudging whipped cream on his nose and upper lip. You blinked and sighed. "You're doing it on purpose now!" You smirked and ran your finger over his nose, licking the cream from it. He blushed thinly, slowly looking away. "I'm not buying anymore sweets if I'll be treated like a child again." You froze. "That's almost certain death!"

Ciel smirked, watching as you took a bite. He scoffed a bit. "Look at you now..." He ran his finger over your nose and licked the cream from it teasingly. "And you were talking about me~" You blushed, looking away quickly. "I didn't ask for charity!" He grinned. "Neither did I... Now, shall we continue? There is a shoppe nearby that I would like to go into. I might as well do a bit of work while I'm in town."

You frowned, the word "work" repeating in your mind. This was a day he set aside to have fun with you, and now he's going back to work right in the middle. You suddenly paused. Why were you feeling this way? Why is what he does getting on your nerves? Did you, like him? Was it "Mi amor" after all?

A finger to your face brought you back to reality. "______? You drew blank, are you alright?" You blinked and nodded to the child earl. "Im fine, Ciel. Worry not about me." He blinked and nodded, grasping your hand and leading you toward a toy shoppe. "As you wish."

...

Once inside, Ciel walked to the counter, ringing a bell. He nodded toward a seat and nudged you toward it, indicating he wanted you to sit. You went ahead and took the chair to sit in and began to look around. Many Funtom toys popped out at you, even ones you remember your father gave you just to hear your voice. The thought of him made you shiver. You switched your attention back to Ciel, who was now talking to the man behind the counter rather friendly-like. "Has the new shipment came in? And the sales, how are they doing?" Your focus came to his lips, watching their every move. The supple pink he held in his lips made it hard for you to believe venom spilled from his bitter words.

Focus Reader-chan... You're supposed to be having a day with Ciel, not a day dreaming about how much you want him to kiss you.

Kiss you? Is that what you really wanted? You knew he was betrothed, but he seemed perfect, and seemed as if he had an eye for you as well. What do you do...?

Suddenly, a finger collided with your forehead. "______, seriously, stop blanking out... Let's go and get you a new dress... Wearing that one and washing it for the next day must be tiresome, isn't it?" You nodded softly, taking his hand as he led you out of the shoppe.

...

Ciel's POV

The lady is beginning to act as if we were old friends. Is it because now she believes I will keep her safe because she kept me away from the woman who was determined to burn the town? I can't stand having to think about the lady day and night. I have one I am supposed to marry, but she's changing my mind. "______," I called for her, seeing her (hair color) locks wrap around her head as she swung her head around to look at me. A lump caught in my throat.

Simply gorgeous.

"...Have you found a dress to your liking, Lady?" I asked, seeing her hold a couple elegant dresses. She nodded softly, holding the dresses. "I hope six isn't too much... I would like to have a dress for everyday of the week, you see." I nodded, my blue orbs stuck to her lovely (eye color).

Maybe I do love this lady... But... What of Elizabeth? What of the family I was supposed to marry into that would help expand my business?

No. I could expand on my own. I don't need any Midford family help to get to my lifetime goal. I looked to my ring. It shone back at me as if it knew what was eating at my brain.

"Ciel?" She called to me, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up to her with a blank stare. "Yes Lady? Whatever is the matter?" She gulped a bit and pointed to my hand. "The ring... It's beautiful..." She began. I paused. "My ring? Well, yes it is a fine gem." She looked at me, her brows raising. "Why do you cling to it?" Her question nearly stole my breath away. How did she know this was something I knew how to cope with? "Well... This was a ring, passed down from the many fathers of Phantomhive." I took a gulp before continuing. "It has seen and heard all the screams and all the bloodshed my family has been through... One day, it will see my own death, such as it has seen my father's." I felt my abdomen tighten just as a whiff of lillies passed my nose.

"Don't worry Ciel." The lady spoke, placing her head on my shoulder. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her as well, not really remembering what a hug was like. Any other time I got a 'hug' I was usually thrown into the air and swung around by yours truly. She spoke again, making me shiver. "I'll be here for you for as long as you need me. There's no need to even think about your demise at all while I'm here. I'll make sure you're as happy as can be." With that, she let go and smiled, still keeping her face close to my own. "Okay, Ciel?"

I nodded softly. You can really learn something from someone who has been treated poorly her whole life. But if it takes even a second for me to think I'm free, I am not. I have to protect her.

She's my last hope that I'll end my search alive.

Oh _______, mi amor~