Chapter Five: So Much Regret, So Little Time

"I was wrong," I groaned, my face falling into my hands. "I was so wrong."

"Yeah," Cas agreed as he sat down next to me on the bed. "Gabriel's always been a few cats past crazy."

"Really? I couldn't tell," I smiled.

Cas smacked my arm. "You know what?"

I pursed my lips. "What?"

"You're annoying and I don't like you anymore." Rolling my eyes, I reached out for Cas and pulled him onto my lap, my arms wrapped around him. "Nope," he crossed his arms, a smile hiding in his words. "I don't like you."

"Come on," I nuzzled my face into his neck. "You don't mean that..."

He tried to smother a fit of giggles. "Yes, I do."

I dropped my arms, pouting. "Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do." I felt him stiffen as my hands began ghosting across his sides.

"D-Dean!" he started to protest.

I grinned when he shrieked, my fingers finding an extremely ticklish spot. "Say you like me," I sang as he tried to squirm out of my grip.

"Never!"

"Say it," I persisted.

"Fine!" he gasped. "Fine! I like you!"

My hands slowed down, stopping to rest on his hips. "Good. Because I like you, too." I quickly pecked his cheek, standing up. "We should probably save Sammy," I said.

"Y-yeah," Cas stammered. "Sam... Right."

"Cas," I smiled. "You're blushing."

I heard him shake his head. "What? N-no I'm not."

"Yes, you are," I sang. "I can tell. You stutter when you're flustered."

"I'm not s-stuttering," he tried to protest. "S-shut up."

I raised my hands in surrender. "I didn't say anything."

"Well, you were thinking. It's annoying," he muttered. "And I'll get you back, Dean."

Rolling my eyes, I made my way back to the dining room. Gabriel was still telling some story, his laughter nearly hysterical. "And so I called him a great big bag of dicks!"

Sam forced a chuckle. "Haha, right... Dean!" he gasped when I walked in. "Thank God you're back. Gabriel was just telling me about, um," he trailed off as he rushed to stand up. "About a thing. Yeah... I have to go pack," he said suddenly. I heard him run off, his footsteps disappearing down the hallway before his door slammed shut.

I laughed. "You sure scared the hell out of him, Gabriel."

Cas' brother shrugged. "Oh, well. You're here, right? You missed the best part of the story." My smile immediately disappeared. "So, my oldest brother was throwing a tantrum and-"

"That's nice, Gabriel," Cas cut in. "But I really think we should help Sam... Um, pack."

Gabriel shrugged. "Whatever. It's your loss." His chair scraped across the floor as he stood up. "It was nice to meet you, Dean."

"Wish I could say the same," I smirked.

He snorted. "Feisty. I like him."

Cas opened the door. "That's nice. Have a safe trip home!"

His brother pouted. "What if Dean wants me to stay for dessert?"

"Bye!" I called, waving.

He laughed. "Alright, I'll take the hint. I'll see you later, Cassie."

"Yep," Cas said as the door clicked shut. He sagged against it, sighing in relief. "Thank Jesus he's gone."

"He's gone?" Sam's door opened.

"He's gone," I confirmed.

Sam sighed. "That was terrifying. I could've sworn that I saw the light several times."

"Whatever, Sam," I rolled my eyes.

My little brother yawned. "It was getting late, anyways. I'm off to bed. Night, jerk."

"Goodnight, bitch," I replied. "So," I turned to Cas, "what do you want to do?"

He shrugged. "Maybe watch a movie?"

I followed him to the living room. "Okay, but what movie?"

"How about we see if there are any Lifetime movies on?"

I gasped in horror. "Cas, there is a rule in this house. And if you're going to stay here, you're going to follow it. Absolutely no chick flicks."

Cas rolled his eyes. "So, then what do we watch?"

"How about something manly?" I asked. "Something like... Sharknado!"

"Sharknado?" Cas repeated. "Are you serious, or are you just mental?"

I pursed my lips. "Little bit of both." I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds right." He laughed and put in the disk anyways. As he sat back down, he hummed to himself. I felt his eyes on me and I turned towards him. "You'll be dead before you hit the floor if you even try."

Cas scoffed. "You'll never see me coming!"

I bit my lip to stifle a giggle. "I'll never see you anyways."

"You sure are something, Dean Winchester," he sighed.

I shrugged. "Get used to it." We watched the movie in comfortable silence for about ten minutes before Cas shifted. My ears perked up at the tiny sound, my eyes narrowing. Just as he lunged for me, I pulled him into a choke hold. "Come on, Cas. I grew up with a little shit of a brother. You gotta do better than that," I scolded.

"Yeah, yeah, now let me go," he tugged at my arm.

I released him, smiling. "And back to Sharknado." Cas sighed, but focused his attention back to the movie. I smirked as my fingers lashed out to catch his side. He shrieked and swatted my hand away.

"Cut it out!"

I smirked again. "Make me."

He leaned closer to me, our faces nearly touching. "How about I make you do something else?" he whispered.

My face turned scarlet. "Cas, you kinky son of a bitch."

"It was more of a distraction."

My eyes widened as his words sank in. "Cas, don't-!" I squealed. He climbed on top of me, pinning me below him.

"Payback time," he sang softly in my ear.

"C-Cas!" He began tickling my sides, occasionally trailing off to tickle my neck. I screeched in surprise the first time his fingers touched my collar, causing me to instinctively turtle. Cas laughed mischievously, digging his finger into my scrunched up neck. "S-stop that!" I tried to swat his hands away.

"Or what?" he taunted. "What are you going to do?"

I tried to speak, but he caught my neck again. "C-Cas," I begged, tears streaming down my face. "Please!"

His hands immediately stopped. I closed my eyes, trying to regain my breath. "Payback is a bitch," Cas said.

"So are you," I groaned.

Cas sat back so I could push myself up. He was still straddling my hips, his legs behind me as he locked his hands behind my neck. His voice was soft as his forehead touched mine. "Would I be able to stay over tonight?"

"We don't have the guest room ready yet, but..." I blushed. "But you're welcome to stay with me." My heart began hammering inside my chest while Cas thought it over.

"That sounds amazing," he finally said.