Chapter 4: my mothers story

My mother was the 2nd child out of 4, she was born into a wealthy family. Her family never payed much attention to her, but hat was ok because she liked being alone. She adapted to her environment and soon began to appreciate her solitude. She had way more freedom than the rest of her sisters, and could go unnoticed to practically anywhere. She was a happy child for a long time until she reached high school.

My mother was never very pretty she was just average. Meanwhile her sisters were gorgeous, and many looked at them in awe. She really didn't care about her appearance so she never noticed her sisters beauty or her's.

It was a chilly day in December my mother was 16, when she heard a knock on the door. She sat her book on the windowsill and silently walked down stairs. She reached the door and opened it with a big smile on her face: " Hello welcome to Min residence! What can I help you with?" My mother bowed down low before looking at the person. " Hello Jisung how are you doing is your sister JeoJin home?" Lee Choi said. Lee Choi the 'popular' guy in class, the kind of guy that has girls chasing him on the daily.
My mother stood very still and stared at the boy on the other side. She had never actually had an actual conversation with a boy, at least not a hot boy. Her throat went stale and she forgot how to speak.
She fell out of trance and signaled him to come in. She sat him down on the vintage couch and raced into the kitchen. She drank water and cleared her throat. As she started to walk out of the kitchen she noticed her reflection in a mirror. She stood for a moment noticing herself , she was tall with long legs, she wore glasses from losing her vision due to late nights reading in the dark, she was wearing a light pink sweater with denim jeans and black converse. She didn't look too intriguing but she wasn't ugly. She walked back into the living room and greeted Lee. " my sister will be here in 5 minutes" my mother sat beside Lee and he began to make conversation. With his every word she fell deeper and deeper in love.

After that day all my mother could think about was Lee. She worried more about her appearance, the way she dressed, her makeup, etc. But sadly she could never be as pretty as her sisters.All that Lee could see was her sister JeoJin, and my mother knew she didn't stand a chance against her.
Slowly the months turned to years and my mother fell deeper me deeper in love. She walked slowly to school, sad as she always was. She walked along until she heard voices. She walked a little farther up the road just to notice it was Lee and her sister. Slowly she backed up and hid behind a bush to understand what they were saying.
"I'm done with you! Done! Your always so needy!" My sister whispered. Lee grabbed her wrist and spoke " I can change, I promise! I love you! Don't leave me!!" . At those words my mothers heart sank, she looked up again and Lee was left on the side walk alone. She slowly climbed out of the bushes and headed her way.

As she walked past, Lee grabbed her hand and her heart skipped a beat. "Stay with me.." Lee said melancholically.My mother was blinded with love not to notice my fathers true form and his true actions.
That's why my mother was so sad, that is why she rarely spoke, that is why she didn't call the police in the first place. Because even though my father caused her so much pain she loved him more than the world. She would forgive anything for him to be happy.