/deserted/

/ethan/

Drama class seemed a lot less daunting now that I had Harry.

'Hi, Harold!' I called, walking to sit beside the boy who had already taken a seat on the floor. He smiled up at me.

'Hey Ethan.'

I hesitated before I spoke again.

'...I was speaking to Vik in Chem, last period...' Harry tensed slightly at the wary tone in my voice.

'He told you about the bus then.'

I nodded. Harry sighed and leaned back, his eyes closed.

'It doesn't matter, Ethan.'

'It does.'

'No-'

'Yes, Harry, we're friends. I dunno about you, but I've not had many friends. So, like, maybe I'm not the smartest person when it comes to friendships- but I know we're meant to stick together.'

Harry smiled slightly.

'You and Vik are my first friends here- like, since I moved.' Then, his face clouded over.

'That group- Tom, Reece, Matty, Cal and JJ- they don't like me. After school, I get the bus into town, yeah? To... To... Meet my mum.' I could almost see the lie in the air when he spoke about his mum, but I didn't want to push him.

'And they're always there. They like to say stuff. Call me Harriet, because apparently I'd make a pretty girl. Tell me I look like... Like, transgender.'

I felt my mouth drop open slightly as Harry stared down at the floor. His head snapped up suddenly.

'I'm not!' He said quickly, his eyes wide with fear. I nodded.

'Didn't think you were. Not that it would matter, though.'

Harry frowned.

'What?'

'Well, it wouldn't. I'm your friend. That means I don't care who you are- whether you're trans, or gay, anything else. Because I'm friends with you- not your gender, or your sexuality, boggo.'

A small smile crept onto Harry's face.

'Boggo?' He asked. I blushed.

'Sorry. It's just, like, a nickname.'

'Okay... Bog.'

I giggled, and he leaned forward slightly.

'Thanks, Ethan. It's good to know that.'

'You can trust me.' I replied.

Harry held out his pinkie finger, linking it into mine.

'I like being your friend, E.'

'Good. Because we're gonna be friends for a long time, Harry.'

~~
sorry this is short:((