/unattached/

/vik/

I thought it would be easy to do the whole 'college' thing on my own. I expected I would be alone for a while when we moved away from the town I had lived in for the first 16 years of my own, but I figured I would at least have some friends after a year.

Instead, I remained unattached.

It was the end of the day, and I was in the bathroom at school. I could've gone to the one in my dorm, considering it was only a few metres away from college, but I didn't fancy going back to an empty flat.

I didn't mind being lonely, but I hated being alone.

When I went in, only one cubicle was occupied. Even after I went, and after I washed my hands, it was occupied.

'...Hello?'

The voice was low and quiet, the speaker obviously sheepish.

'Um...' I stuttered, feeling suddenly awkward.

'I'm kind of stuck.'

Furrowing my brows, I moved to stand outside the door.

'What?'

'Who is that?' the voice called.

'Its Vik- Vik Barn?'

'Okay. That's okay. It's Simon Minter, and I can't unlock the door.'

I breathed in sharply when i realised he was being serious. I tried to pull the door open, but it didn't work.

'...Can you see what the matter is?' I asked, straining against the door.

'I dunno. There's, like, a hinge right in the corner that looks stuck, but it's too small for me to reach my hand in.'

I sighed when I realised.

'I have small hands.'

'You do?'

I nodded, and then realised he couldn't see me. Instead, I grabbed the top of the door, hoisted myself up so I was hanging. When I looked over the door, Simon was stood gazing up at me.

Making sure not to trap my fingers, I fiddled with the hinge, until my hand came away with a piece of paper that had been wedged into it.

'Sorted.' Simon commented as I jumped down and he swung the door open. 'What's that?'

'Dunno. A note.' I unfolded the paper, and read it aloud.

'Sick of being lonely when I'm surrounded by people.

Sick of constant questions when I don't have any answers.'

I looked over at Simon, now stood by the door.

'Deep.' he muttered.

'Wait, why were you in the cubicle, anywa-'

When i turned to address the question to him, I was met with the door, swinging shut behind him.

'Great friend, Vik.' I murmured. Then I went home.

~~
thank u heart girl for being inspiring and cool when i have writers block
//antidote to writers block//