/forlorn/

/ethan/

'It must be so hard...' he simpered, towering over me. 'Fat, loud, stupid... No wonder you're lonely.'

I flinched.

'Don't cry, baby.' he whispered, moving closer. 'Do you need me to kiss it better?'

'Fuck off, Tom.' I hissed, pushing the taller boy off me. I stormed off down the corridor, away from the boy who had haunted me for about five years now.

I'd been on my way to drama class when I had encountered him.

It wasn't actually a class, because I hadn't picked it as an A-Level, more of an extra-curricular thing for when I had a free.

Mum said it would be a good idea, so I could make more friends, and I agreed.

When I got to the classroom there were only a few people there.

'Hi, can I take your name?' beamed a petite woman with glaringly red hair.

'Ethan.' I smiled back. She ticked off my name, and walked back to where she was previously stood.

Everyone in the room I knew on a first name basis, but that was all. I didn;t have any 'friends' there, but then, I didn't really have any friends.

I sat down on a plastic blue chair in the corner of the room. About five minutes later, after a few more people had trickled in, the woman stood back up.

'So, it seems like we're missing... Harry Lewis?' When no one replied, she carried on.

'let's get started. If we could all get into pairs...'

The other people began to rush towards their friends, until I was left alone. I felt like I was so obviously lonely, it hurt.

Before the teacher could speak, the door flew open to reveal a flash of blonde and blue.

'Sorry I'm late.' The voice panted. 'Got lost.'

'You've been here a year, Harry. Surely you know your away around by now?'

He straightened up, and looked slightly abashed.

'Sorry. My mistake. Thought you'd be a new teacher.'

Blushing, he walked to the centre of the room. He saw me stood alone and walked next to me.

'Hey.' I grinned. He just looked at me with wary eyes, worry etched onto his face.

'Sorry. I'm Ethan.'

'...I know.'

'You don't really seem like the drama type.' I commented, as we sat on the floor. Everyone seemed to be waiting for instruction, but the noise rose with conversations as people realised they weren't coming.

'I'm not.' he replied simply, his voice low.

'My... My mum told me I had to come, so I could... I don't know, put it on my CV.'

I frowned.

'I thought you lived in the flats?'

'Doesn't mean I don't have a mum, does it?' he snapped, with fire in his eyes.

'Sorry. Foot-in-mouth-syndrome.' I said, looking down at the ground in embarrasment.

'Why are you here, then?' he asked.

'Mum said I should come to make friends. Thinks it'll be easier in drama.' Harry nodded.

'You don't have friends?' he asked. I smiled slightly.

'I'm too busy being lonely.'

~~