Chapter 29: The Plan Set in Motion

Sasuke pov

It gave me a start when I was pulling my backpack on to train and heard Sakura screaming. "PERVERT!" I quickly got up and ran outside to see the scene before me. I almost felt bad for the guy she pounded. But the guys wasn't there anymore...there was a puddle of water.

"It was a water clone! Get ready for a counterattack!" I pulled shuriken out.

"NARUTO! Get the hell up! There's ramen and Sasuke's gonna eat it all!"

"COMING! Let me get my stuff!"

Sakura sighed. "Where's Kakashi?" She pointed further ahead.

"He's in a Water Prison jutsu."

"Got any plans?"

"Hm...I need to think." Sakura plopped down and put her hands in the same position as Shikamaru did. I stood protectively in front of her.

"Hey Sasuke! Where's the ramen?"

I scowled. "Idiot! We're under attack!"

"Got it!" She formed a mind jutsu and she spoke in my mind, I'm guessing in Naruto's too, because he jumped. All right, you both know what to do?

"Hai/hn."

"Go!"

Kakashi pov

Zabuza Momochi. His bounty is worth 16,000,000 yen.

"Stop! You can't defeat him!" I pleaded.

Sakura pov

"I'll watch Tazuna. You take care of Zabuza."

"Who's that?"

"One of the legendary Mist swordsmen. Now go!"

Naruto created 3 shadow clone and attacked Zabuza. He was easily beaten. Not putting on an act, I yelled, "Naruto, stop!"

He didn't listen. He attacked with 5 more clones. He grabbed something from under the swordsman's foot. His headband. Then Zabuza kicked Naruto and he flew. "Naruto!" I yelled again, worried.

"Don't you worry about me, Sakura-chan! This time I'll protect you from harm." Naruto got up off the ground and retied his lead headband.

"Naruto..."

"Sasuke! Let's go!"

"Hn. Since when are you the boss?" Sasuke asked and smirked.

"Shadow clone jutsu!" Naruto created 20 clones and went running towards Zabuza. His clone easily destroyed Naruto's, but this was all part of the plan. As Zabuza's clone kicked Naruto back again, he skidded to a stop and yelled, "Sasuke-teme!"

He threw my demon shuriken to Sasuke, and he caught it, twirled around to grab his own out of his bag, and finally, threw it. The clone dodged it easily, and he said, "What was that supposed to be?" Then he laughed.

He stopped laughing when Sasuke replied with, "It wasn't meant for you." The original Zabuza's eyes widened as the weapon came towards him. Then he smirked, and caught it! It was my turn to smirk when a second shuriken followed the first. His eyes got even bigger when, but just as before, he dodged it.

I went into a full-out grin when the second shuriken 'poofed' and turned into Naruto. "Take this!" Naruto threw a kunai that I knew would not miss its target if they failed to let go of our sensei.

"Why you..!" Zabuza's clone disappeared and the original was getting ready to end Naruto with the weapon he had caught.

"I suggest you to keep your eyes in the real threat, because that jutsu's not going to work again." Kakashi said. He had blocked the shuriken from hitting Naruto by putting his hand in the way. Kakashi tossed the weapon away like it was nothing. Then the real battle began.

Timeskip...

Sakura pov..still

I ran over to Naruto who had just gotten pushed onto land by a jutsu from Kakashi. He sputtered water out, and I checked for a pulse. "Sasuke! Help!" He immediately was there. "His pulse if really faint!"

"Hn. CPR?"

"Do you know it?" He shook his head. I gulped, because Naruto's life was in my hands. "It's up to me, then."

"Do you know CPR?"

I shook my head. "I've only read about, but it'll have to do." I started pushing down on Naruto's chest. I pinched his nose, took a deep breath, and my mouth connected with his. Talk about an involuntary kiss! Gross! I pushed on his chest again, and repeated the process. "Sasuke! Check for a pulse!"

"Hn... It's getting better."

I felt y tears prick my eyes as I tried not to cry. "C'mon, Naruto! Please don't die!" I was pressing on his chest for the nth when he suddenly gasped. My eyes were wide open. "Naruto! Thank Kami-sama!"

"Sakura-chan... Can't breathe.." I quickly let go of him. He coughed out water on the side and then threw up.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust. "Oi! Do that somewhere else!" I hit him softly on the head.

"Hn. Look." Sasuke pointed towards the fight. Kakashi had cornered Zabuza. Suddenly, senbon needles flew out of nowhere and pinned Zabuza's neck to the tree, instantly killing him.

"HEY!" Naruto yelled, and stood up. "WHO ARE YOU! WHY COULD YOU TAKE THAT GUY DOWN SO EASILY? YOU'RE LIKE, MY AGE!"

"Calm down Naruto. He's not the enemy, he was sent here to hunt down Zabuza."

"OHHHHH." I facepalmed.

"Thank you for helping me locate the rogue. Excuse me, but I need to take care of the body right away." He picked Zabuza up, and disappeared.

Time skip...

"What?! Zabuza's alive?!"

Kakashi nodded. "So, in that case, I'm gonna need to train you guys."

I grinned, Naruto yelled, "BELIEVE IT!", and Sasuke smirked.