Chapter 7: Admiration

Sakura pov

I let Ino go and walked over to the rest of my class.

Kakashi pov

This girl is certainly full of surprises. At the age of 8, an orphan manages to self-teach the practices of the soon-to-be Hokage. I was amazed. Astounded. She shouldn't even be in the academy! Sakura Haruno could be an ANBU. I watched my class' reaction. Then I slowly clapped. "Well done Sakura! I knew you had a fighting spirit in you!" I ruffled her hair because, to me, I felt like a proud father.

Naruto pov

I finally yelled,"AWESOME JOB SAKURA-CHAN!!!" Then she gave me a huge awoke and hug with a squeal and exclaimed, "I did it!" which I gladly accepted. I saw Teme staring at me and I wiggled my eyebrows at him. I mouthed, Jealous, much?

Sasuke pov

Is that what Sakura always did before classes, studying? Is that why she could never hang out with Naruto and I... I was amazed at how well Sakura had hidden her ability. Who cares about my sharingan? One hit from that, and you're out! And besides, who does Naruto think he is, hugging Sakura. He knows. Dobe's making me jealous. Mustering up some courage, I walked over to Sakura and said,"Great job, Sakura. I don't think you'll be bothered by fangirls anymore.." I flashed her my signature Uchiha smirk. Sakura laughed."Yeah, hopefully.." "Hey Sakura?" I asked. "Wanna go training some time?" She replied,"Yeah, I'd like that!"

The dark aura of the fangirls appeared again, after they quietly listened to my talk with Sakura. Tch, I hate those girls.

"What's up with that diamond on her forehead?"

"I don't know, but it looks weird!"

"She only won because I let her!" scoffed Ino.

"She probably just wanted to impress Sasuke-kun!"

Sakura pov

My fists were clenched so tightly that my hand bled. I was furious! I didn't really like Sasuke that way. I considered him as a brother and nothing else. I finally turned to them, a dark gleam in my eyes to scare them. "If you have anything else to say, go on. I won't bite...too hard. After all," I continued "just look at Ino.

I turned and saw Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi sweat dropping. "If it means anything, I think you look pretty badass to me!" said Naruto.

"Awww thanks!" I said, consciously trying to feel the mark on my forehead.

"What is that mark, Sakura?" asked Kakashi.

"It is a small chakra reservoir that can also help multiply cells faster, healing me." I explained patiently.

"That.Is.So.Cool." Naruto exclaimed. "But how do you make it?"

"It requires careful chakra control and the training lasts about 3 years. Like I said, you can store chakra in your forehead, but if you use the regeneration jutsu, it shortens your life."

Naruto pov

That last sentence made me stiffen up. "Why are you willing to go so far?" I asked. It was Sakura's answer that impacted me for the rest of my life. "Because people called me a failure, a nobody, and I'm going to prove them wrong!" I like that saying..I'll use it too. After all, I never go back on my word, because that is my nindo, my ninja way.