Sincheong 14: Cough Drop

A week has passed since you last saw them. Much has happened but the scene is still etched like a tattoo in your mind. The gazes, the smiles, and the laughter that they've shared still lingers.

And as much as you try to shake that dreadful scene, it keeps on crawling back in your reverie.

Leaving you bothered.

Oh yes, you are so bothered that you cannot focus.

"Hello! Earth to Sachi?!" your vocal coach snapped, a hint of annoyance visible on his face. "What is wrong with you?!"

"Mianhe." you gibbered, obviously embarrassed.

"They said you were scouted by our own CEO so I expect you to exert a hundred times more than normal trainees, Sachi." he said sternly, a knot in his forehead. "You still have 2 weeks before your debut. Do not fail us. Do not fail yourself."

And then he left.

Yes. You are one of the chosen trainees to make debut this month. Of course, you were in seventh heaven when you heard the news but your heart wasn't in it.

"Ish." you said finally, slapping yourself literally and banging your head on the wall figuratively. "FOCUS SACHEEKO YUUKI. How will you prove to him that he should choose you?!"

I need to do better.

To work harder.

To succeed.

To make him fall for me.

Specially now that you learned that that girl is also one of the chosen trainees alongside you. You need to show them that you are worthy of this.

"I hate her! I hate everything about her! Husband thief! Ish! I hate everything about her! I loathe that Yummy girl." you ranted, letting off steam. "Her name is Shin Yumi but it's read as Yummy?! Is she stupid or what? Tsssssssk."

Realizing you are wasting your time for nonsensical stuffs, you continued practicing singing.

***

"My throat hurts." you whined as you held your throat.

"Who am I talking to?"

"Duh. Myself."

"Is this what happens to brokenhearted girls?!"

"Nooooooo!"

"I'm crazy." you said to yourself, looking at the mirror. Making stupid faces at yourself.

"I know, right?" said the newcomer, "Crazy in love with me."

"Ewwwww. The exit's to the left." You said to him, frowning. Why is this guy here again? Every time you're not in the mood he pops up like a mushroom.

"Hahaha! Missed me?" He said grinning, making his way towards you.

You blinked twice, slowly comprehending his inquiry. A slow seductive smile spreading across you face. You coughed once, twirled your hair alluringly. You stared at him. No make that gaze. You gazed deep in his brown orbs before you answered;

"If wanting to see your face every single minute of the day, if wanting to spend every minute of the day with you is your definition of missing you. Then yes, I definitely miss you, Jongin-oppa." you said with your sweetest voice, smiling angelically and batting your eyelashes at him.

Needless to say he was shocked. He was more than shocked, he was flabbergasted. He was gaping at you, his mouth wide open. A faint crimson coloring his tanned skin.

You wink seductively.

"Wh-whaa-?" He stuttered, unable to finish his sentence, he was smirking.

Damn.

Damn.

DAAAAAAMN!

Whooooo. He was scorching hot. -.-

And much as you hate to admit it.

DAMN! HE WAS SO HANDSOME! DAMN!

SOMEBODY SHOULD HANG A WARNING AROUND HIS NECK THAT SAYS:

CAUTION! IMMEDIATE PREGNANCY GUARANTEED WITHIN 5 METERS OF THIS PHEROMONE MACHINE.

But still you kept your flirty expression on. "That stupid smirk of yours drives me insane but at the same time makes my stupid heart flutter." you whispered against his jaw.

You felt him jump at your bizarre actions. Hah! Who wouldn't? Everyone knows how much you like Kyungsoo but here you are now.

In front of Kai.

Seducing him.

Shamelessly seducing him like a promiscuous flirt.

"Sachi~" he gibbered. His left hand snaking around your body.

Your heart roared as he lowered his face closer to yours. Angling for what seems like a kiss.

But you kept your cool. Plastering in what you hope a sultry look upon your face. Even though that you are experiencing internal turmoil.

WHAT TO DO?!

WHAT TO DO?!

I DON'T WANT TO GET KISSED BY THIS GUY!

IT WAS FUNNY A MOMENT AGO!

HIS EXPRESSION WHEN I SAID THOSE FLIRTY STUFFS WAS PRICELESS BUT I THINK I WAS VERY CONVINCING TO THE POINT THAT HE'S ALMOST IN MY FACE NOW!

THINK SACHEE!

UGH. OH GODS OF THUNDERS AND WINDS AND MAJESTICAL RAIN! USE YOUR POWER TO KEEP THIS MONGREL FROM KISSING ME! Duuuuuh! Chen-oppa! Sehun-oppa! Suho-oppa! Help meeeeeee!

"My virgin lips is for Kyungsoo alone!"

"And my luscious lips are definitely not for you, brat." Kai said cheekily, his face still a breath away from yours. You opened your eyes. He was now grinning widely, like he's enjoying how flustered you got.

"Yah!" you complained, "How dare you play with me?!" Scarlet cheeks at the sudden turn of events.

"You are blushing, Sacheeko."

Your hand instantly went to tour cheeks, "I AM NOT BLUSHING YOU JERK. I am fuming with anger!"

"Why?" He asked. Looking at you innocently as if nothing happened. Tsk. Jerk.

You heaved a deep sigh, "Becau-!"

"Ah. Because you didn't get the chance to taste my sweet lips?" He sniggered, raising his eyebrows. "Too bad, I don't kiss witches."

You were too flabbergasted to even utter a word.

"But if you want, I can make an exemption for you." And then he puckered his lips, eyes drooping.

I AM STILL A GIRL!

AND I AM NOT IMMUNE TO HIS CHARISMA.

EW!

THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS SACHEE!

THINK OF KYUNGSOO!

And then you were daydreaming. Amidst Kai's pheromones, you flew to your own world.

Fly~

Fly~

Fly~

Thinking of how squishy Kyungsoo is.

How breathtaking his voice is.

How it inspires you to your goal.

How you want to pinch his cute cheeks.

How you want to run your hand through his luxurious locks.

Crash~

Burn~

How you want to poke his eyes out when he stared at that Yummy girl.

How you want to cut off that girl's head off with a cleaver.

Uhhh. Gory thoughts, Sachee. Wow. Wow. Three claps for your murderous thoughts.

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

But that's four!

So?

So...rry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
Naega naega naega meonjeo
Nege nege nege ppajyeo
Ppajyeo ppajyeo beoryeo baby
Shawty Shawty Shawty Shawty~

Kill me please. Anyway, you realized that you are crying.

*Sachee making wailing sounds here*

No.

You're not crying. Duh. You are not weak. You are Sachee.

But at the thought of it, you unconsciously uttered what lies in your heart. What has been lurking around the shadows of your mind this past few days. Oooooh. Deeeep~

"Yeah. You may talk to me, make me laugh and say the sweetest things. But how many other girls are you doing that to?" you said to no one in particular, the person you want to ask is nowhere in sight.

AND BOOOOOM!

Somebody threw a candy at your face.

And it hit the bull's-eye.

You turned already ready to explode at the guy.

"What is your problem? Seriously, did you go all the way down here just to piss me off?" You demanded, annoyed as hell.

"Stupid." He said, poking your forehead. "Have some confidence in yourself."

"Huh?"

"Have some confidence. You're going to debut soon, right?" He smirked. Seriously! Why is he so goddamn good-looking? "You are a singer, Sacheeko. Sing. Sing what you're feeling right now." He finished, crossing his arms across his chest.

You looked at him in awe. Unable to take in what he said.

Did he just praised me?

That guy?

O____O

Woah.

THE EARTH WILL BE GONE TOMORROW!

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Mi-Ra-Kol.

"What?" Kai asked when you were still gaping at him. "Sing, idiot."

And then you smiled.

In his own way, maybe, just maybe this is his way if congratulating you. Or even more. Cheering you.

You cleared your throat which was a bit sore from all the vocal practices and shouting these past few days.

You hummed the first part. You looked at your sole audience. Kim Jongin was now looking at you directly, waiting for your song.

*Please listen to Silverstar's Growl cover. One of my favorite English covers*

Another girl's looking at my man

But that's just how perfect you are, my man

I'll be the last one standing

And I'll win his heart

So step away there will be no flirting on your part.

Lol. The lyrics of your song clearly expresses what you are feeling. How you want to be the last girl for Kyungsoo and not that Yummy gull. Hell no. You won't back down.

And when you were done with the song, you looked at him. Waiting for a reaction. A clap or a thumbs up, perhaps?

He raised his eyebrow and grinned wickedly, "In your dreams. You're still a rookie. Practice more."

With that you stuck your tongue at him in irk. The least thing he could do was compliment you, right?

Ish. Why did I even expect? Ish.

You reached for your canister containing cold water an was about ti drink it when he stopped you.

What now? I'm thirsty!

You darted him with a deadly look, "I'm thirsty."

"You shouldn't drink that."

"Huh?"

"Here." And then he produced another bottle. "Drink this."

"What's that?"

"Ginger ale." He answered and then held your hands and placed a thing there.

"Candies?"

"Cough drops."

"Oh." You said coyly and placed it in your jeans pocket, "Thank you."

He merely smiled and turned to leave, "You're a singer, Sacheeko."

"Thank you." You said again, this time you even bowed.

"Take care of your voice. It relaxes me. Good luck on your debut."

DID HE JUST SAID THAT MY VOICE RELAXES HIM?

That was a compliment right?

Left.

Nyaaa. Dieeeeees.

Wait, what?

Why is my heart beating like crazy?

What?

Why am I smiling like crazy?!

"Don't tell me I'm starting to like him?!"

A few minutes of silence please. I'm letting you absorbed this piece of realization.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

And then your phone vibrated.

A text message.

From him.

Sachee-yah~ Heard the news. I'm so sorry for not being around these past few days, I was helping Yumi. Congrats on your debut! Hoping to hear your voice again. Aja! I know you will do great.

-Kyungsoo

Is this marriage headed for divorce?

-----

AN: Sorry for being inactive! I cryyyyy blood in this chapter. :) Love you guys! Late congratulations to my babies for winning Best Song in MMA. LAUGHED SO HARD AT EXO's VCR. Really, Kai? Really?