11

"So what's new with you, Hime?" Vic asks, sitting down across from me, steaming coffee in hand.

We're in the same little café we first met up in, just after the shoot I did with him. Nothing more happened last night at the theatre, only a few kisses. After the movie Vic dropped me off at home, he sent me a text this morning asking if i wanted to meet him here.

"Not much. I sent the pictures of you from the other week in, I got a reply yesterday saying they'd like to have me a as a more regular photographer." I smile. Okay, that's a bit more than "not much."

"Jaime! That's fantastic!" Vic says enthusiastically. His eyes are bright with excitement. I look down at my mug, a slight blush on my cheeks.

Lewbra is a big company. You have to be good, model or photographer, to get in with them. It's no mystery why Vic can get a contract with them, but me?
I guess my work is going from kids and dogs to real, magazine cover and big brand shoots. What started as a little hobby is becoming bigger and bigger.

"I guess, what about you?" I push the conversation away from myself.

"Well, I had a really good night last night with this guy. He's cute, and cries when the villain dies in movies." Vic starts, looking right at me, a wide smile across his face.

"Stop," I whine, my cheeks red. A smile still spread across my face.

"Okay, okay. Nothing really. A few shoots coming up, mostly clothing brands and shit." He says, shrugging, and sips his coffee. I nod, fiddling with the mug handle.

"How did you first find out you didn't like girls?" Vic asks suddenly.

"Oh, well, ugh. I was drunk this one time and I went over to my girlfriend's house, I heard the shower running and immediately thought it was her. So I was like why not join her? She wasn't actually home at the time, and I ended up fucking her brother in their shower, and that's when I realized I really don't like women in that way." I say quickly, slightly embarrassed.

"I think that's the best "and that's when I knew I was gay" stories I've ever heard," Vic says, laughing.

I grin, too. That was a weird night. And then waking up in my girlfriend's house, but cuddled up naked next to her brother instead of her.

"I just never found girls sexually attractive. I had a lot of female friends, but never thought more of them. I didn't think it was weird at all, or that I might be gay. Until there was this one guy in my AP chem class that just changed everything for me, we were together for a while." Vic says casually.

I nod and tap my fingers on the empty tea mug. The conversation lulls.

My thoughts drift to last night. The kisses and closeness. What are Vic and I? Friends? Friends with cuddling benefits? Does he even like me? Well, he must find me alright, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten this far.

"Hey Vic?" I ask softly. He hums in response.

"What are we?" I'm nervous, I don't know what he'll say.

Vic bites his lip and adverts his gaze from mine.

"I don't know, Hime." He mumbles.

Oh. Okay. Well then.

"Would you date me?" I blurt. Shit. What if he feels pressured to say yes? What if he's just going to ditch me now? Way to go, Jaime.

"Are you asking me out?" Vic's smirk returns. And so does my blush. I really hate the way he gets me so flustered.

"I-I, uh, I mean, well-" I stutter, and then am cut off by Vic speaking.

"Yeah, I'd date you." His smirk widens.