1

"Jaime Preciado, photographer." I tell the lady at the reception desk. She nods her head, tight bun not moving.

She types something into the desktop in front of her. I have a shoot booked at this fancy modeling company. I'm nervous as hell, I've never done something this upscale. Sure, a few small brand shoots, but nothing like this!

This is a big deal. These are the models and photos advertised in Times Square, on giant billboards, talked about in rich people's events. This isn't a small wedding or someone's show dog. It's a multimillion men's cologne company, and I've been hired to do a shoot.

  "Alright, here's your laminate, keep it visible at all times. Your shoot is booked in room 390 on the third floor." She tells me, red lipstick glistening. I nod and give her a polite thank you, heading down the white hallway to the elevator.

  I press the button and the doors slide shut, starting to rise up to the third level of the building. My stomach is full of butterflies, I'm so nervous. I clutch my camera bag tighter. I've brought my best body and three lenses, along with a tripod and extra SD cards and battery packs. If I'm going to mess up, it won't be something technical.

The elevator dings and stops moving, the doors slide open. I step out into another white hallway, one wall is completely window, onlooking the city. The other is covered in beautiful framed photographs, boy, I wish my pictures looked like that!

I find room 390 easily, the sign on the door tells me I'm in the right place for sure.

Lewbra Cologne Company
Model - Victor V. Fuentes
Photographer - Jaime A. Preciado
Undergarment shoot//4:30pm

That's definitely employer. I didn't know the model before this, I guess this Victor guy will be it. And that's my name, no questions there. I got the time right, too, I'm even a little early. But undergarment shoot? That wasn't part of the rundown I received...

I shrug it off and scan my laminate on the small device by the door handle. The lock clicks and I step into the shooting room.

It's large. Big studio lights are turned on and face a plain white backdrop. A blue strip signals the middle of the photo area, where I need to set up my tripod. Everything is ready except for my equipment and the model himself, who's probably somewhere in the building.

  I'm almost finished adjusting settings on my camera when two men walk into the room from a door I didn't notice earlier. I look up from my work as they approach.

"Jaime Preciado?" The man infront asks. I nod quickly. He's older, dressed in a suit, I'm pretty sure he's not the model. The other man is shorter, with curling brown hair. He's sporting a smooth bare chest and blue jeans, a black snapback backwards on his head. He's, for sure, the model.

"I'm Jerald Pattan, the modeling assistant for Lewbra." He holds his hand out to me, I shake it. The other man, Victor, I think, steps forward.

"Vic Fuentes, model." He too puts out a hand. There's an easy smirk on his face, he's pretty and he knows it. He introduced himself as Vic, it suits him better than Victor.

  "Right then gentlemen. Mr. Preciado I presume you know the guidelines for this shoot?" I nod again
  "Excellent. I'll be going. Oh, Fuentes, loose the pants." He says stoically and heads back to the door. Shutting it firmly as he leaves.