Chapter 34

OMG! I just realized that I accidentally deleted the last chapter. I will tel you what basically what happened. Basically Liz finds out that Hanna got into an accident. She becomes frustrated when se can't see Hanna She  ends up letting all her anger out on Jax and and starts yelling at him. They get into a huge argument. She tells him that things are complicated when he asks what she wants from the realtionship. She doesn't know, so he leaves. She ends up calling Alex once Jax is gone, and yeah. That's basically what happened in the chapter that I deleted. 

I AM SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit in the uncomfortable waiting room chair, silently waiting for Alex to show up. I feel selfish for even thinking about my relationships, when my best friend is probably undergoing surgery. As much as I want to stop thinking about Jax and Alex, I can't. The thought of them always creeps back into my mind, but in a way I'm glad they are my distraction. I need one right now. Because I know that if I keep my mind focused on Hanna, I would be a crying, blubbering mess. 

I'm playing with my hair, when I hear footsteps approaching me. I look up expecting Alex, but it's not him. Instead there is a short man with graying hair and a white doctor's coat walking over to me. My stomach turns into knots as he gets closer to me. His footsteps seem louder than what they are, at least to me. 

In one quick motion, he pulls out a clip board and calls out my name. 

"I'm here." I say, standing up. 

"Do you know Hanna Roberts?' he asks me. 

I nod. I become anxious, because I can't read his emotionless face. I'm just praying that whatever he has to say, isn't bad news. 

"You may want to sit down for this." he says, motioning to the seat that I was just previously sitting in. 

Alex's POV

I walk into the hospital, immediately finding my way to the familiar waiting room. I hate going to hospitals. Brings back to many memories of my brother, the last person I want to think about. I walk along the long corridors. The white walls making me feel sick. Why did I offer to meet Liz? Oh that's right, I can't stop thinking about her. I can't get her short brown hair and bright blue eyes out of my head. I can't stop replaying the moment we kissed for the first time in my mind. I can't stay away from her. She's different and amazing and I can't figure out why.

I finally reach the waiting room. I don't know what I was expecting to see, but what I see right now isn't what I imagined. Liz is on the floor, her face in her hands. I can't see her face and her upper body, because a doctor is crouched down beside her. He is rubbing her back, soothing her. There is no doubt, that, unfortunately, her friend died.

I slowly walk over to her, wondering what I am going to say to her. The doctor sees me, and steps back, letting me take over. He nods at me before walking away. I take his place and kneel down beside her. I wrap my arms around her and bring her into a hug. 

"Why?" she cries into my chest. 

"I don't know." I answer her, rocking her back and forth in my ams. 

"I just don't understand." she sobs. I can feel her tears soaking through my shirt. I hate seeing her like this. I wish I could take the tears off her face and make her smile again. 

"It should've been me." she says quietly. I barely hear her. 

I pull her away from me, but I still hold her shoulders. I look into her blue eyes, that are reddening from her tears. "Don't ever say that. You deserve a life more than anything else. There are too many people that will miss you. I will miss you." I tell her.