Chapter 24

If you guys have read this before, sorry. But somehow the same chapter I posted disappeared, so here is chapter 24 again....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jax and I are practically inseparable for the next few weeks. The only time we are away from each other is when we have to go to class, which I have to say is a little crazy. I’ve been spending so much time with Jax that I barely see my mom anymore. We hardly got to talk since we had the meeting, but I can only blame myself. The only person that I spend time with is Jax.

I know it’s hurting her, because it’s hurting me. I wanted to talk to my mom about Jax and I, about my relationship with her, I just want to talk about anything...with my mother. The only thing that’s stops me from meeting up with my mom is Jax. The sad thing is, is that he doesn’t even know that he’s a problem. I just have no idea how to tell him I’ll be gone for hours on end. I mean what am I going to say to him if he ask me where I’m going. I don’t want to lie anymore, I love him too much.

Although I haven’t had a lot of time to see my mom, I did get to have much needed girl time with Hanna. Over the weeks I’ve noticed that she is the most reliable person I know, and very honest as well. She never sugar coats things for me, which I love. I remember when I told her about the night Jax and I’s first time together, she was surprisingly not surprised.

She told me, “No surprise there. It was destined to happen. You live in the same house, it was inevitable.”

I laughed at her remarks, and  she quickly changed the subject to her and Jacob, the captain of the basketball team. She had started tutoring him at his house, and he had finally kissed her. She was so excited and giddy with joy. I couldn’t help but laugh at her.

Since then we have had weekly get togethers where we just rant about things going on in our lives, and of course the guys that have consumed our thoughts.

~~~

I wake up on the most dreaded day of the week, Monday. The air in my room is crisp and cold from the incoming winter weather. I shiver at the cold air and fall back onto my bed. I close my eyes and lay there or a little while. After 5 minutes I muster up the courage to drag my body out the bed and start a hot shower.

I quickly hop into the shower, letting the hot water awaken my sleepy bones. I get out the shower, and decide to wear an oversized crewneck sweater and some leggings, and some booties. No more sleeveless rock shirts for me since the temperature has dropped a good 30 degrees.

I head downstairs for a quick breakfast. I’m greeted by Mary and my mom who is doing the dishes.

“Good morning.” I tell the two women.

I make myself a small bowl and cereal, no one talks which makes me uncomfortable. Maybe it was just me, but I don’t know how Mary, who used to be friends with my mother didn’t recognize her now. But when I look up at Mary, she is just looking through the newspaper casually, and my mom is cleaning quietly.

Jax comes downstairs right when I finish my bowl of cereal. He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and says hello to his mother and my mom as well.

He grabs an apple out of the fruit bowl on the counter, “Ready to go.” he asks biting into the apple.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I tell him slinging my backpack over my shoulder, “Is Jade riding with us today?”

“No, she left early for cheer practice.” Jax says, chewing on his apple.

We pull out of the driveway, after we are driving for a little while he asks me, “What do you want for Christmas?”

“Um, I don’t really know. Nothing big though. What about you?” I ask him, hoping he has a direct answer because I have no idea what to get him.