Chapter 27

For the next two days, I've been evaluated over and over again. So when Dr. Adams told me that I would be leaving today, I was more than ecstatic.

Jax and Hanna came around 12:00 to bring me home.

"Ready to go?" Jax asks with a smile on his face.

"Yes." I say with a grin spreading on my face.

"Alright, well we brought you some clothes." Hanna says handing me some clothes.

I walk over to the bathroom to change. I quickly slide on the clothes, but I freeze when I see my appearance in the mirror. The doctors had taken off the bandage that was wrapped around my head yesterday. I was too scared to look at myself, so this is kind of the first time of seeing the new me.

I touch the top of my head, feeling my shaven head. The hair feels prickly under my soft hand, which causes small tears to fall down my face. I don't see the same Liz that Jax loved. Instead I see a completely new person. For a quick minute I debate if this is a good thing for me. Is this a change I needed?

I finally step out the small bathroom, slowly waiting for Jax and Hanna to say something. But the both stay silent although they still have genuine smiles gracing their faces.

"Alright! Let's go." Hanna says happily.

I haven't noticed but she has a wheelchair by the door. I know I don't really need it, but I don't argue.

I slowly sit in the wheelchair, letting Jax push me past the crowded hallways. Before I know it, we are in the hospital parking lot. Jax had left the wheelchair at the main doors and has been carrying me bridal style to his car.

"You can put me down. I know how to walk." I tell Jax.

"I know that but I still want to carry you. And the doctor said you need to be careful and take your time with the healing." he states with a smile.

I laugh at him and look back at Hanna, who is walking steadily behind us. She has a huge smile plastered on her face, and when she sees me looking at her she gives me a small wave. I return the favor and look ahead of me again.

We reach Jax's car in a couple of minutes and Jax gently sets me down in the backseat. I smile at my two friends when they sit themselves in the front seats. The don't see the big smile on my face since they are both arguing about what radio station to listen to. I laugh at their childish behavior and close my eyes. I didn't know I was so exhausted till now, I slowly fall asleep to the bickering of the two most important people in my life.

I wake up with Hanna poking my cheek. I groan, not wanting to wake up. She still prods and pokes until my eyes flutter open. I let out a small curse word, and grouchily get out the car.

Jax is already at the front door waiting for Hanna and I. I eventually make it to the big oak front door, and Jax has the hugest smirk on his face.

"What are so happy about?" I ask him.

He doesn't answer me, instead he just opens the front door widely. I step inside and flick on the lights. But instead of being greeted by the normal staircase and Mary cooking in the kitchen, I'm greeted by a huge banner saying 'WELCOME HOME LIZ.'

All the Cole family members pop up out of nowhere and run over to me. The all wrap into a gentle hug. I laugh at them, and thank all of them.

"Oh don't thank us. This was all Jax's idea." Mary says with a smile on her face.

I look over at Jax and he has a hint of redness on his cheeks. I give him a small kiss on the cheek, which only makes his oncoming blush even more evident.