Chapter 12

The next day I awake wearing the same clothes from yesterday and clutching the journal to me chest. I guess I cried myself to sleep. I look around and the sun is shining bright making everything in the room glow. It is beautiful. Then I see the clock it is 8:45, I only had about 5 minutes to get ready and get to school. I hop out of bed, hoping that Jax and Jade didn’t leave me, but when I get downstairs the only person I see is Mary.

“Um where is everybody?” I ask her.

“Oh, they left, but don’t worry you can stay home if you like.” She offers, but I shake my head and begin to tell her that I will just walk, but she interrupts me and states “ I think it is best for you to stay home today.”

I nod my head and walk back upstairs. What am I supposed to do in this big ole’ house by myself? I had a TV to watch, but no car, so I couldn’t go anywhere. By the time I got back to my room, I tuck myself back into my covers and fall asleep.

I wake up… again at 11:00. I walk downstairs to see if Mary was still home. But I did not see her, but I see a note left on the countertop.

Hey Liz,

Just going to the store or dinner, be back in a hour or so.

Love, Mary

Guess it is just me, alone, in this big house. Is it weird that I am kind of scared? I look around the kitchen to find something to eat, and find some leftovers from last night’s dinner that I missed. It was pasta with tomato paste and basil. I warm it up and the smell of it waters my mouth. It made me realize how hungry I actually was.

I quickly eat the pasta and try to figure out what to do next. I could just chill in my room, watch TV, or look at Jax’s room. I run upstairs and open every single door till I see a big blue room with plain white bedding, but all the posters of cars and bands on the wall lets me know that this is his room.

I walk in and shocked to see that the room is somewhat clean. There are a few pairs of jeans, shoes, and shirts on the floor, but the bed is made and everything just seems to be in a specific place. There is a big white desk sitting in the corner of the room, piled with schoolwork and a notebook. The front of it was scratched from being written on. Curiosity gets the best of me and I open it, when I know I shouldn’t.

Inside are music lyrics or poems. They consist of feel good ones to love ones. I immediately read the love poems, guess the girl yearning for some romance in me came out. I am nervous to see what it says. I know that these lyrics could change my opinion of Jax. But I read on anyway.

The song is about this girl, her name isn’t mentioned in the song/poem. About how much love he has for her, but all she sees is his womanizing ways and his games that he plays. He is yearning for her to see past that, that he is more than that guy. Was it about us.

I find myself sitting and reading, losing myself in his lyrics. Every line gets better and better, but out of nowhere I hear a knock on the door. I close the book as fast as I could and throw to the side of me. I look up to see Jax leaning against the door frame.

“Um, hi.” I say looking down.

“So, I see you've found my room.” he smiles.

“Yeah, I was just leaving.” I say getting up, but when I try to pass him, I feel his hands on my waist, stopping me.

I look up and see his eyes, there is something in it, but I can’t put my finger on it.

“Stay.” he whispers.

I nod, and he leads me back to the bed. I sit, but he stands over me. I have no idea what is going to happen, so I just wait playing with my fingers.