Chapter 5

Right as the bell rings, I dart out of class. After what happened with Jax and our "partner" situation, I can't even look him in the eyes. Even though I try my best to ignore him, it doesn't stop him from staring at me. I coud feel his deep icy stare on me all throughout class. 

I couldn't go through any of my other classes without thinking about him. I don't even have words to explain what he is or how he makes me feel anymore. He just... makes me feel different.

I made my way to lunch. The food smelled so good. Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I was starving. My stomach growled as I walked into the cafeteria. I was always so happy when lunch time came around. It was the only time I knew that I would actually be able to eat  a decent meal. All there was to eat at home was spoiled milk and stale bread.

I bought lunch, quietly telling the lunch lady that I was on the reduced lunch list so she wouldn't charge me as much, and sat down in my usual spot. It was a small table in the corner of the cafeteria next to a big window. In my eyes, I had the best seat in the cafeteria. It made me feel like my future was right outside the window. I would imagine mysel running to a college class when I'm running behind, or hanging out with my dorm mate. Little things like that woud make me smile. 

Today I imagined myself pulling an all-nighter and acing the test I had the next day. It sounds cheesy, but I want freedom so badly, it's ridiculous. 

I begin to smile when someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see the one and only Jax. 

"Hey." he simply says.

"Hey." I reply putting a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Sooo..." he says trying to kill the obvious awkwardness, but it's not working.

I just stare at him, not knowing what to say. My mind just goes blank.

"What's wrong with you?" he ask me.

My whole facial expression changes. What the hell did he mean by what is wrong with me? I'm completely fine.

"Nothing." I say simply.

"Really? Then why do you act so weird around me?" he says, raising an eyebrow.

UGH! How am I supposed to answer this. I can't just say "oh I think you're really hot and by the way I think we've met before", that would be so weird. So I just say,

"You're different." I answer, trying to keep straight face so he doesnt know I'm lying. 

"Why are you lying?" he says looking deeply into my eyes.

Is he like a physic or something?! My face could not have been that obvious. Maybe I was trying to hard. 

"You ask a lot of questions." I tell him trying to divert the question.

"Just a curious guy." he admits, shrugging his broad shoulders, and giving me a slight smirk that fills my stomach with butterflies. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hello there, wierdos :3

PLEASE remember to vote and comment!!!! It honestly means a lot.

Lots of Love,

-Meagan and Reagan