Chapter 32

The coffee shop must be very popular because there is a long line of people waiting to get their hot beverages. When Alex and I get in line there are about 7 people in front of us. We wait for about 15 minutes before it's our turn to order. 

"What would you like to order today?" the barista ask wtih a smile on her petite face. 

"Um I'll have the peppermint latte." Alex and I both say at the same time. 

We both laugh and smile as the barista takes our orders. 

"So I see you like peppermint lattes." I tell Alex as we find a table to sit at. We both decide at the table that is near the fire that's in the middle of the shop. 

"Yeah, they have some really good ones out in  California." he smiles. 

"That's cool. I just remember getting one with my mother for the first time years ago. Since then I've loved them, but it's been a while since I had one." I say, it feels weird to mention my mother. 

"So how are you and your boyfriend?" he asks me unexpectedly. 

"Um, well he cheated on me, so I don't think it's going great."

"Was he the guy that answered the door this morning?" he asks me. 

"Yeah."

"You live with your boyfriend?' 

"Yeah."

"Your're dating your brother?" he asks me with a disturbed look on his face. 

"Ew no! Jax and just happened to end up living together. My parents and uncle used to be friends with his parents." I say, shocked that he would even think that. 

"I'm sorry. It just seemed like the most reasonable thing for me to ask at the time." he laughs at me. 

"It's fine. I can understand why you would think that though."  I say realizing Jax and I do have simliar features. We both have dark hair and blue eyes. His just a little bit bluer than mine. I miss those eyse so much. Ugh, I need to stop thinking about him. 

"So what are you going to be doing for the rest of your day?" he asks me. 

"Nothing, probably go back home and chill." I say, leaning back into my chair. 

"Well there is this light show that starts at 6:00 tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go?" he tells me. 

"Um, sure. But can I talk to you about something?' I ask him, now seems like the perfect time to ask him about what he said last night. 

"Of course." He says with a smile.

"It's about..." I begin but I am interrupted by someone yelling our order number. I stand up and so does Alex. He walks over to me and smiles. 

"I'll go get it." he says walking away to the counter. 

I watch him walk away and debate if I should even bring up what I heard last night. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and not ruin whatever I have with Alex. I then decide that keeping this to myself is the right thing, at least for now. 

He walks back with two coffee cups in his hand. He smiles as he gives me my drink and sits down. 

"So what did you want to tell me?" he ask taking a sip of his drink. 

"Nothing. It wasn't important." I tell him, dissmissing the question. 

"Okay." he says, I realize that he has a little latte mustache above his upper lip. 

Before I even realize what I'm doing, I reach across the table. I wipe the warm milk off his face. I can feel him tense from my abrupt movements. Once I'm back in my seat he has a shocked look on his face. That's when I realize what I just did was highly inappropriate. At least I think it is. Jax and I haven't officially broken up yet. Is this was you call cheating? Is this what Jax did with that other girl?