Chapter 13

A week goes by and Jax hasn’t made any big moves on me. We still casually hold hands and exchange a few kisses now and then, but he hasn’t asked me out yet, which disappoints me. I thought that we would already be official, but I guess he has other plans. In times like these, I find myself seeking the guidance from my mother’s journal.

March 1,1994

I have a feeling that you will bloom into a beautiful young woman, and when you do you will have every boy chasing after you. But you have to remember that you have to choose the best one. There will be the crappy guys that well….treat you like trash, but there is always that one. The one that you overlook. That is the one that is going to love you forever.

Love, mommy.

I smile at it, because I don’t have a lot of suitors, but the one I do have is the best looking one that everybody wants. My mom’s words always meant something to me, even if they had nothing to do with what was going on in my life. Her words were cherished.

It is Monday again...my favorite day of the week (hint the sarcasm). I get dressed, deciding to wear a simple black v neck and ripped black jeans. My usual look for what is probably going to be a regular day. I head downstairs to see John reading the paper. I don’t see him a lot around the house, because he is always at the office, but when I do he always has the same look in his eyes. Like he knows something about me but  I can’t put my finger on it, but when I look up sometimes I can see that he is staring at me...hard. I just brush it off, like it is nothing, but sometimes it’s hard to ignore.

I just say hi, and leave as soon as I can. I just feel uncomfortable around him. I would rather be accompanied by Jax, and just my luck, Jax walks in playing with his car keys. I give him a sweet smile, and he returns with a wink.

“So are you ready to go?” I as him, hoping he will say yes.

“Yeah,” he says walking out the kitchen,” Oh and Jade is not riding today, just you and me.” He says with a smirk as I quickly catch up to him. He opens the door for me and I hop into the car. The car ride is silent, but not an uncomfortable one. We exchange a few glances and smiles, but other than that we say nothing.

We arrive at the school, we walk together, but we never hold hands. I just didn’t want the attention or another run in with Lily. I realized that trying to get revenge on her would make me as low as she is, so I just gave up on her. Even though we don’t hold hands we still walk together and the whispers instantly start. It got on my nerves so bad. Why did everybody feel the need to talk about us, nobody knew my name last year, so I just don’t get why everybody itches to know it now.

I walk in and give Jax a quick hug and head to my locker. But right when I turn around I hit a hard chest. I look up to Ryan Mitchell, the captain of the swim team. He has grown a lot since I have seen him last. He left for two years because his parents had a job transfer, but I guess he returned with muscles and a few extra inches.

“Are you okay?” he ask me with a deep voice.

“Oh yeah, I am fine.” I answer him, trying to get to my locker.

“Um, your name is Liz, right?” he ask me.

“Yeah, I gotta go so…” I say ending the conversation quickly.

“Yeah, see you around. “ he says with a smile and lets me pass.

I hurry to my locker and rush to class. Throughout class I stay quiet and just write notes, thinking about Jax, likes always, and how our so called “relationship” will go. It is just so new to me, sometimes I want us to not rush anything, and then at times all I want is to be with him, officially. I get so bi-polar when it comes to him.