Close p.2 ~ Tyler

Start from the beginning

We both looked through the glass at the diamond ring in the center of the display.

"It's beautiful" I gasped.

It was silver with small crystals wrapping themselves around it in a vine like pattern.

The diamond itself was breathtaking. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't any regular jewel.

"We'll take it!" I said excitedly gesturing to the guy working there.

"That's a great choice" the man behind the counter began.

"There are only a select few like it in this part of the world. It's a special gem for a special lady" he said carefully taking it out of the case.

"Thanks, I hope she likes it" I said nervously.

"She will" Josh said patting me on the back.

I don't know what I would do if she didn't say yes.

Your pov

The car pulled into the driveway, and I mentally prepared for what I was going to say.

I love Tyler way too much to let him be unhappy in with our relationship.

He deserves to be happy, and if I can't do that for him then maybe we shouldn't be together.

I saw them walking towards the door, and the tears started coming again.

I was an utter mess. My makeup was messed up, my head was throbbing from all the crying, and I was so distraught that my sentences weren't even coherent.

The door opened, and I just sat there.

"Y/n, are you here?" a familiar voice rung out.

"I'm in here you" you said wiping the freshest tears away with your sleeve.

"Baby, what's wrong" Tyler half yelled running over to you.

You could see the distress and worry written all over his face.

"T-tyler, I have s-something to s-say." you said shakily.

"What sweet thing? You can tell me anything." Tyler said looking into your sad tired eyes.

At this point Josh had realized that this was a sensitive moment, and quietly left leaving you guys to be by yourselves.

You were all alone, and Tyler was holding your hands in his.

He gave them a light squeeze every once in a while as he waited for you to talk.

"Tyler w-why didn't you t-tell me you weren't happy?" you asked choking back more tears.

"What do you mean?!?" he asked frantically.

"I mean if you didn't w-want to be with me anymore w-why didn't you just tell me?" you said as your tears fell as they they pleased.

"I do want to be with you! Why would you think that I didn't?" he asked tears coming to his eyes now.

"Because you would rather h-hang out with Josh whom you were just on tour with than me the p-person you claimed to be missing every time you called"

"It's not like that!" Tyler said upset you would think that.

"I think it is" you said standing up to leave.

"Wait, one second" Tyler said from behind you.

"Why would anyone not want to be with a girl as beautiful and special as you" he asked.

Your heart skipped a beat, and the familiar words soaked into your head.

"What did you say?" you ask turning to face him.

"You heard me" he said from a kneeling position right in front of you.

You couldn't believe he even remembered those words.

It was the exact thing he said that night at the restaurant when you were crying your eyes out all alone.

"Tyler" you gasped taking a step back and hitting the coffee table.

"Is that a yes?" he asked hopefully.

The nearly heartbroken face he wore literally tore your heart in two.

"I th-thought you didn't love me anymore?" you said gasping for air.

"That couldn't be farther from the truth" he said letting his tears run down his face.

"Y/n, I have been waiting to ask you this question since the first day of tour. It was that day that I realized just how much I love you"

"I don't think that I could make it without you, so what was stopping me from officially keeping you forever" he asked starting to close the box the ring was in.

His feelings melted into your soul, and the word flooded from your mouth with more power than you thought even possible.

"Yes"

It wasn't what you had always imagined, but it was beautiful in its own way.

Tears fell

Kisses were exchanged

And promises were made that were never to be broken.

Now you truly were close...